ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I was able to pick up a portable air compressor, 6 Gal Porter Cable image.jpeg

(oil free, but noisy) at Home Depot...on sale for $100.00. Now I need to buy hoses and a pressure pot, then the resin and silicone for mold making. We're off.

I saw the best pressure pot made by C.A. Technologies. They make a specific pot for casting, flat on the bottom, made of steel with very, very secure hinges so the top doesn't blow off/explode and also with the ability to hold 80lbs of pressure. This ensures I can cast at 50lbs of pressure without blowing up a cheap pressure pot with a max pressure of 50-60lbs. But these are $300.00. So I am looking for things to sell to cover the cost. It's well worth the money to save my life, home and ensure we can cast a lot of items for a long, long time.

What are your thoughts guys?

Very nice! Now imagine that helmet top being lifted back and the brow raised along with it.

Well done on matching the Move Mlong lens cut out Irezumi.

Thanks Solo_bones! Here's hoping that's something you can achieve with your casting project. Yeh it was quite tricky cutting out the lens bump:)

Is the helmet on the very far left of the middle picture a GG? It looks very good indeed!

Yeah, well spotted it is indeed GG helmet.

OK, I was able to pick up a portable air compressor, 6 Gal Porter Cable View attachment 291913

(oil free, but noisy) at Home Depot...on sale for $100.00. Now I need to buy hoses and a pressure pot, then the resin and silicone for mold making. We're off.

I saw the best pressure pot made by C.A. Technologies. They make a specific pot for casting, flat on the bottom, made of steel with very, very secure hinges so the top doesn't blow off/explode and also with the ability to hold 80lbs of pressure. This ensures I can cast at 50lbs of pressure without blowing up a cheap pressure pot with a max pressure of 50-60lbs. But these are $300.00. So I am looking for things to sell to cover the cost. It's well worth the money to save my life, home and ensure we can cast a lot of items for a long, long time.

What are your thoughts guys?

I have zero knowledge on casting and the devices needed, so I can't really add an opinion to this. Generally I'm not a big fan if you need to invest so much of your own money to make this work, since you're already spending so much of your own time on this for all of us. On the other hand I can of course understand that you don't want a cheap pressure pot that's potentially dangerous. If it's a long-term investment from your end that you think will also serve you beyond this project, then I would say go for it, but it's really your call.

Yes, I'm going to spend more of my money to get the right equipment...as long as shipping doesn't kill me. It's better to be safe and be able to have a proper casting pot for higher pressure. I just need to find other things to cast...I think it'll be worth it.

Got notification that my next batch of helmets shipped from Shapeways today. :yess:
I'm thinking I'm going to equip my Spacetrooper with one of them. I've gotten to where the Hot Toys helmet just looks wrong. haha

Dude, that's epic. looking forward to seeing your updates. [I ordered two more helmets for casting. [I think [I am going to order the casting pot this weekend, even though i didn't sell anything to pay for it. lol.

Progressing my Sandtrooper helmet, next step to add some weathering.

IMG_2550.JPG
IMG_2554.JPG

These photos are looking great. Excellent paint work. What's your technique on the eyes? I like that look. I'm not going to hollow out my lenses until we start casting.

Loving this pic! They look great :clap Is this the 2% increased version helmet?

image.jpg

Thanks dude. Just really steady brush work. I noticed that on the right eye of the print its got a few deformities in the way of little bumps. I shave those down with an xacto to make it more clear as to where the lens stops and the armor begins. Then I just put at least two coats of gloss on the lenses.

These photos are looking great. Excellent paint work. What's your technique on the eyes? I like that look. I'm not going to hollow out my lenses until we start casting.

Hey Solo, how's it going? Is there any progress on the casting project yet? I agree with the eyes on Spudtroopers lids they do look very good. Any tips Spud?

Are the helmets hollow? I'm assuming so. I still need to order one but I'm afraid of ruining it, lol.

Back