Android4's Nerd Shrine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDROID4

Freakalicious
Reaction score
*Update Oct 2012

I recently moved out of my old place so the display had to come down but I have uploaded a video of it for old times sake.

[ame]https://youtu.be/a4iyPwiJEwg[/ame]

Hopefully I can get a new display up and running soon.

* Update march 2012

I am moving out so I thought I would take few last photos before I took them down. Enjoy.

Full Gallery

N28NS.jpg

hgola.jpg

iUVLR.jpg

Full Gallery

I changed the LEDs to an external LED bar. Now I can turn the lights on and off with out opening the shadow boxes.
Best part is there's no dust. Also note there are no other lights on in the room besides the LEDS

mancave.jpg

I like to keep it simple and classy

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice streamlined collection. Thats how I like em!! Are those custom cases?

looks great man. if only one thing i would suggest is to place a mirror on the top side of the boxes so the light will reflect down on the figures as well.
should really make them stand out even more and eliminate most if not all the shadows

Last edited:
what type of lights are those ?

just press on LED lights I got from the hardware store. The only thing that I dont like is I have to take each frame down to turn them off and on.

Man are you going to have room for more 12 inchers the way you have them spaced...

I have another longer wall right beside this one. ( I'll take my time filling that one up)

Are those custom cases?

they are shadow boxes from micheals. I did a few mods on them only to make them eaiser to open.

looks great man. if only one thing i would suggest is to place a mirror on the top side of the boxes so the light will reflect down on the figures as well.
should really make them stand out even more and eliminate most if not all the shadows

I really like that idea. thank you. Now I just have to find pieces that fit well.

Thanks for all the comments! im really happy with my nerd lair. this is an expensive hobby but damn its fun.

Brilliant setup bro! Maybe u can make a custom switch on the side of the box for the lights.

Why dont you use the ikea diode lights and drill a small hole in the top for the wire to escape. That way, you can link 4 at once and have a external switch.

Back