And, more importantly, will we ever get a human faced Darla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I despise Connor in any incarnation. He began the ruination of the show for me. When Angel started changing diapers, I started leaving the television off.

I would like Wesley as he was later in the show (his character was the only one I liked by the end of the show), and I would be tempted by Doyle and Lindsey. Everyone else is a skip (unless they do a period Darla).

Please sideshow NO wesley!I hope we get wesley last,i h8 him as a charcter especially towards the end of Angel.

No we have the best characters in Angel,"angel and cordy" we should get a humoan modern day darla.

I would like a conner in his animal skins,but harmony would be a good figure dont you think?

Harmony?! :monkey4

Hated her on Buffy, hated her even worse on Angel. She's the poor man's Cordy, all the abrasiveness, but none of the charm.

Buffy Collector, I'm going to have to take MY stand now and say "Please Sideshow, NO Connor!" I hope we get Connor NEVER! :lol :lol :monkey3

Wesley before Harmony! Harmony before... "Never-Connor"!

lol.
Im not really bothered for conner,he was a nice chap as a baby,and even when he cam e but he turned to a **** head.

But wesley please no i h8 him sooooo much.
So you would not want harms way harmony??

Enough with angel line,i need more of buffy we only have 4 figures of her:monkey2

buffy-collector said:
Enough with angel line,i need more of buffy we only have 4 figures of her:monkey2

Only? Multiples of Buffy for Sideshow would choke the line much like too many Taylors did for the Planet of the Apes line. If you want more Buffys, the DST line is a good line to collect.

There are TONS of figures I'd like to see Sideshow make BEFORE another Buffy comes down the pike.

And the Angel line has just begun (not a single figure has even shipped!) so give it a little time in the limelight... the Buffy line has been around for how long? :rolleyes:

It's nice to see that Giles cracked the top 10 back at Sideshow. In fact, it's great to see all of the recent Buffy/Angel 12"ers in the top 10 mixed in with the Star Wars pre-orders. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But I think we can push Giles farther up the list, don't you? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Now that you mention it... I would love the four of them in very specific period outfits: Fool for Love, during the Boxer Rebellion flashback -

Well, let me say that you are a man after my own heart! This is one of the best moments in the series hands down, and I would be glad to get all four vampires in the Boxer rebellion gear, but Spike would have to come with the barrel he steps on as the exclusive! Maybe Darla could come with the baby that she tries to feed to Angel.

If I ever meet ya, you have a beer coming your way!

Too many of the same character tends to put a dent in my love for a line. For me, one modern, one period on the vamp characters would satisfy me - I would enjoy seeing the fearsome foursome: Dru/Spike/Darla/Angelus that everyone's mentioning, but once you get into three and four of the same basic look to a character (worse, five and six)....well, there are other characters that they haven't even released one of. It took us forever to get Giles.

I only have one Buffy - the graduation one. If SSC ever did make another and I preferred it, I would sell my grad Buffy and get the new one. I don't need two Buffys. But as it is, I like my grad Buffy and don't care to see another Buffy made. Buffy looks pretty much the same throughout the show. The only other Buffy that interested me a tad was vamp Buffy, but not enough to buy her.

I don't care as much for them, but Dawn, Tara and Anya should come before another Buffy. And the Angel line has just gotten started.

Josette said:
Too many of the same character tends to put a dent in my love for a line. For me, one modern, one period on the vamp characters would satisfy me - I would enjoy seeing the fearsome foursome: Dru/Spike/Darla/Angelus that everyone's mentioning, but once you get into three and four of the same basic look to a character (worse, five and six)....well, there are other characters that they haven't even released one of. It took us forever to get Giles.

I only have one Buffy - the graduation one. If SSC ever did make another and I preferred it, I would sell my grad Buffy and get the new one. I don't need two Buffys. But as it is, I like my grad Buffy and don't care to see another Buffy made. Buffy looks pretty much the same throughout the show. The only other Buffy that interested me a tad was vamp Buffy, but not enough to buy her.

I don't care as much for them, but Dawn, Tara and Anya should come before another Buffy. And the Angel line has just gotten started.

I can agree with you to a degree. However, you have to do more than one of the main cast member(s). You need extra Buffys to help out the late-adapters. Now, its easy to say, "scr## them.. snoozers lose." But that's not looking at the whole picture. Best example is the Angel Angel figure (God, that felt stupid just typing that but you know what I mean). That figure is very similar to the Buffy version. Technically, its not necessary. However, what about the fans of Angel who didn't get into Buffy (and don't laugh, I have 2 friends who loved Angel, but refused to watch Buffy... it happens). Most will not want to cruise eBay looking for the old Angel. So, they just say, "ah forget it" and move on (or they just buy Cordelia and recreate that bathroom scene from Grandma's Boy... okay, that went a little far, but I couldn't resist :rotfl ). In the end, the line suffers and slowly dies.

Its the same basic concept with any toy/collectible line. You have to keep the main characters readily available. But, you need to keep them somewhat similar to what the basic look was. I really believe they did Subway Spike as a way to get another human face Spike on the market. However, they committed 2 cardinal sins: 1.) Sideshow bodies do not look good with their articulated limbs showing... best example is Prom Buffy without the exclusive jacket. She looks like crap. 2.) They cheaped out and left out his jacket... despite it being a critical part of his character, and despite the fact that that version of him explained how he got the jacket in the first place. They tried to appeal to the casual fan, but those errors kill the sales to all but the hardcore fan, and the eBay buyer who gets it online for 20 bucks now.

So, I am pretty sure we will get another human face Spike in the near future for Angel. Because people want it. And I am willing to bet it will be a modern version since that look is so iconic. Maybe Sideshow should make this the "definitive" Spike, by making the exclusive a Vamp head.. similar to 006 in the bond line. Its possible. And that exclusive would sell out in no time. And if the Buffy line last another year or 2, we will probably get another Buffy. So, just accept it, and then buy what you like. Its your money :D

I know but,its been ages since our last human buffy(pg)
I think 2 more buffys would be perfect and then no more buffy.
we need gift and chosen buffy.
I no the angel line has just started but we alreeady have the best 3 characters of angel,apart from fred.

But as long as we get more buffy in future im happy.

But in the buffy line theres more figures we need,dawn,riley,anya,tara ect
And in angel we need fred,wes,illriya,gunn

And PG Buffy is still in stock at Sideshow. If someone wants a Human Buffy they can get it from Sideshow. I want A Chosen Buffy, but not till some more characters are released.

Hmmm, so am I the only one who wants a Connor 12 inch figure (in Q'uortoth outfit if possible)? Why do people wish that he wasn't released ever? Show some compassion please! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'd like to see Anya, Anyanka, Tara, Dawn, Riley and Glory before we get another Buffy (Chosen Buffy would be great).

I love Wesley, he's one of my favourite characters in the whole Buffyverse. I'd buy a Bad Girls Wesley and an Angel later seasons Wesley without hesitation!

No I want a conner in the animal skins,but I can wait for it,Im not desperate I dont even like the character,I just think he would be a great figure.

Back