And Hot Toys' Best Seller worldwide is: BLACK WIDOW!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst selling figure has to be Angelica. I was sent one for free packaged with an order I placed. I thought it was a mistake, but there was a letter stating that in appreciation of my business they had included this free figure. One month later they did it again. 2 free angelicas! --No joke.

Worst selling figure has to be Angelica. I was sent one for free packaged with an order I placed. I thought it was a mistake, but there was a letter stating that in appreciation of my business they had included this free figure. One month later they did it again. 2 free angelicas! --No joke.

I didn't realize how unpopular Angelica was until I saw her in a shop a couple weeks back for $120. I was like, "wait a minute, this was an exclusive!" In that moment, I was actually tempted to buy it and if nothing else just resell it. Then I decided not to waste my time.

As for Black Widow, I've bought every release so far. Love the character, love the actress, and every figure just gets better. I've been hoping for a 1/4 release for a long time. Sad to see so many haters in this thread though..

It's been brought up before. It was bad translation and miscommunication. What he intended to convey is that black widow is the best selling female figure. Not the best selling 1/6 figure overall. And common sense bears this out. No widow figure has sold out before release, there have been no variants or special edition versions of her. Iron man is the best selling figure and widow is not even close. Batman and joker both sell more as well. And I doubt she will be even the best selling female figure much longer unless she gets her own movie. When that interview was done there was her and that's about it for female figures. An Alice figure it a Ripley figure on occasion.

Don't have to take my word for it just look at the amount of figures released. Even if iron man only sold 10% of the total per release as widow (which is NOT the case I'm just making a point) then iron man would still have sold more. There have been 4 widow figures and over 20 iron man. There have been as many stark figures as widow, not counting the suits. Sorry, but this is just a result of translations and communication.

(And they easily could have done civilian version and battle/Dity version, or in a towel version or even some random repaint like they did with the mk7 had she actually been the best selling figure. I mean they have nearly as many 1/4 iron man figures as they do total widow figures. )

I didn't realize how unpopular Angelica was until I saw her in a shop a couple weeks back for $120. I was like, "wait a minute, this was an exclusive!" In that moment, I was actually tempted to buy it and if nothing else just resell it. Then I decided not to waste my time.

As for Black Widow, I've bought every release so far. Love the character, love the actress, and every figure just gets better. I've been hoping for a 1/4 release for a long time. Sad to see so many haters in this thread though..

To be clear I'm not bashing Widow purchasers, I plan on getting one and I have Maria Hill. Sometimes making jokes is Fun.

I had no idea who Angelica was so at first I thought you meant the Marvel hero Angela, and I was mentally like "Wait wtf when did she get a figure?!"

Oh yes, and +1 from me for Sif being made.

Same. Right now I think the most likely women the next few years are gonna be Mantis, Wasp, Captain Marvel and Jessica Jones, but I'd really like if they did Valkyrie and Sif at some point.

lol, I had to look her up too. Forgot they even made one (Angelica) :lol

Who cares, Kalamazoo.

edit: got rid of the quote part that I tried to reply to as it wasn't captured correctly in my reply to hbhf.

Last edited:
It tells me how many perverted guys are collectors.... 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pretty surprising. I would have thought it would be Iron Man followed by either Joker or Batman. Although I guess I have bought a few versions of Black Widow. I have sold them when the next version comes out until I got the Winter Solider version which I have displayed with Cap & Falcon. As far as guys buying 1/6 female figures, I always feel a tad uncomfortable buying them mainly because I have seen some of those threads that get off track and might be why I only have Black Widow and Leia at the moment.

This again? I thought we dispelled this over a year ago ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New people to the forum and the hobby. The same stuff resurfaces every year or so when a new crop of people come in

It's impossible that Blackwidow is the best selling figure. Best selling has got to be Ironman...look at how many they release. If BW was such a gold mine we would surely see 20 different versions of it by now.

It's impossible that Blackwidow is the best selling figure. Best selling has got to be Ironman...look at how many they release. If BW was such a gold mine we would surely see 20 different versions of it by now.

This is very true. And as I said before it's not even close. It's just the best selling (at that time) female figure. Which really doesn't amount to a whole lot. Very small amount of other figures to compete with. Iron man, batman, joker, storm troopers, predators ect all sell more.

I never understood how people got hot over a piece of plastic

It's really no different from being attracted to a cartoon, video game, or comic book character.

Everyone for their own, I guess.
:dunno

It's really no different from being attracted to a cartoon, video game, or comic book character.

I don't get that either, to be honest.

Not judging anyone either. It'd just be nice to visit a female character's thread without people constantly talking about how hot the figure is/would be and posing lingerie pics of the actresses involved.

Back