An Unconventional Interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmumaw

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey collectors, my name is Dylan and I have come to this forum as a photographer. While I won't be able to fully appreciate what other members contribute, I do share an admiration of the masterfully made figures produced by Sideshow (as a detail oriented professional, it is easy to identify a painstaking product of perfection). Recently I was presented with a creative challenge that required some unconventional thinking. The challenge was photographing a group of people (wedding party) as Star Wars characters. After considering all the potential problems of actually finding and outfitting a diverse group of people for a photo shoot, I thought to use models and figurines which could be posed, photographed, and then composited with pictures of the clients photographed with the same lighting technique to produce a movie poster quality print. As you might imagine, the models that I would need to use for such an intensive project would have to be quite detailed and that is how I came to find Sideshow, and this forum.

In the interest of time I will probably be ordering a small set of Kotobukiya figures for my current project, but because I am confident in my ability and believe that it could be a popular product offering, I am interested in how I might come to use Sideshow's offerings because of their poseability and my perception of their unprecedented quality. One approach I thought may have some appeal on this forum is offering an exchange of my work for the one time photographic use of figures so that I would not have to purchase them myself (these figures really deserve to be in the hands of more fervent fans). The work could be as simple as a photographic catalog of your figures, or a more complex composite as I alluded to above; either of which you would be able to proudly display on a forum such as this to evoke the envy of the internet!

If this appeals to you, please reach out to me. I am interested to see what can come of creative collaborations with collectors of all kinds!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show!
wavesmile.gif

Looking forward to seeing some examples of your work!

Back