An idea for Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da Bronx Commando

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so I doubt it will ever happen, but wouldn't it be great if Sideshow were to release their Cobra soldiers and officers uniforms carded? Just the uni, boots, mask, a helmet, a simple h harness and a rifle for like $40-50? That way as collectors we can build our Cobra armies for a lot less? How many of you would purchase such an item?

Ok, so I doubt it will ever happen, but wouldn't it be great if Sideshow were to release their Cobra soldiers and officers uniforms carded? Just the uni, boots, mask, a helmet, a simple h harness and a rifle for like $40-50? That way as collectors we can build our Cobra armies for a lot less? How many of you would purchase such an item?

To do that, they'd need to start releasing nudes with generic heads, as well.

Would have to be awesome bodies because there is no point in buying Pros when HT knockoffs are cheap.

I know it will never happen, just thought it would be cool. If they improve the chest on the muscle arm figure, they could sell that.

They should do it. :lol

I don't even need boots or hands, or gloved hands. Just uniform, mask, helmet, and gear.

Your price is way too low compared to SSC normal boxed figures. I think they'd be around $80 for the carded items considering the body and head are only worth about $20.

:lol

I got nothing but fool's hope here.

Quite simply, if they'd taken the Rock 'n' Roll platform and ran with the green shirts, minimal effort would be needed to produce whole new figures like Grunt, Zap, Breaker, Clutch, Short-Fuze, Hawk, to maximize profits. Hell, add some attachable pads and you've got Flash and Grand Slam. And what did they do instead? NADA.

Quite simply, if they'd taken the Rock 'n' Roll platform and ran with the green shirts, minimal effort would be needed to produce whole new figures like Grunt, Zap, Breaker, Clutch, Short-Fuze, Hawk, to maximize profits. Hell, add some attachable pads and you've got Flash and Grand Slam. And what did they do instead? NADA.

Dude, I dunno man. :lol

It's so simple but at the end we get more clone / storm troopers. And a white Boba Fett.

Other alternative is to offer Beach Head sweaters for green shirts.

Dude, I dunno man. :lol

It's so simple but at the end we get more clone / storm troopers. And a white Boba Fett.

Not really. Apples and oranges. These are unique characters with different MOSs.

Other alternative is to offer Beach Head sweaters for green shirts.

You still run into the issue of lacking nudes that fit with the current line.

It would be cool, I think it would be an instant seller but instead of mask I think a headsculpt would be a good choice at like say 70 bucks for the carded set, that way its still affordable and they can unload extra sculpts that may be in inventory. There is a few compatable bodies for SSC so it would be easy to do.

It might be one thing Hasbro would do because SSC deals in limited numbers not mass production and they would need approval from Hasbro to do these runs. and they would probably do a test rn of lets say 1000 to see if they sell and once they see it sells out in a month or so then they can determine if its a regular seller until the contract with Hasbro runs out.

they might do this also on the joe's end by doing grunt, zap and grand slam since costumes are similar and headsculpts are generic at best. this would keep their overhead cost low and max profits.

Last edited:
Back