Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to a couple of these but the constant change in release date is such a headache! I imagine that has a lot to do with them getting enough orders to actually justify production.

I'm looking forward to a couple of these but the constant change in release date is such a headache! I imagine that has a lot to do with them getting enough orders to actually justify production.

Well, They should have no issues justifying the Boris Karloff 12 inch figure, I alone ordered 4 out the 500 figures to be produced.:D who else here ordered that one and how many?

so what does that mean for our pre orders?

Saya, Please read below, Hope that helps.:D

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Amok Time is evolving. We are working on a new website to be completed in the next 30 days. Our old site has been temporarily disabled to accommodate our upcoming design. PLEASE NOTE: All of your pre-orders are safe and secure. Our new site will be Amok Time's best ever incorporating the future of Amok Time on line and making it the best shopping experience ever. So the big question is?
CAN I STILL SHOP AMOK TIME ON LINE? THE ANSWER IS YES!
We are sending all traffic to our Amazon store so you can still shop safe and secure at Amok Time. Our Amazon store is updated daily and all of our stock is listed there at extremely competitive prices, so don't wait for our new site CLICK HERE AND SHOP NOW!

https://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1243519151/ref=sr_hi/188-8913559-1135726?ie=UTF8&rs=&me=A2MM4F063K88X

Day of the Dead Dr. Tongue is FINSHED!
The wait is over.... almost. Dr. Tongue arrives in the next 45-60 days. We just received the final packaged sample and it looks great! Dr. Tongue is the second in the series of Day of the Dead Action figures, a companion to Amok Time's Bub, We could not be happier with how it turned out! Since the final production sample has now been approved it will be another 45-60 days for arrival. Please note there is still time to get your order in so you don't miss it. All pre-orders will be shipped in order of placement. See pictures and read the full story here!

https://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=327055091&blogId=491407766

:fireworks:chew:fireworks :D

.....or it could have something to do with the fact that roughly 52% of factories in China that manufacture toys and collectibles folded up and went out of business because of an abysmal world economy. Times are tough.

.....or it could have something to do with the fact that roughly 52% of factories in China that manufacture toys and collectibles folded up and went out of business because of an abysmal world economy. Times are tough.

Yes Richard,

I would say that is why we are seeing delays in the production of many of our favorite collectibles. :( It's a SAD time for the economy.:( You got that right.:(

Hmnnn...with Enterbay's 24 and Bruce Lee figures, and Hot Toys recent Dutch and forthcoming TDK offerings, Amok Time's figures are going to seem kind of "quaint" when finally released. Teen Frank and Werewolf look primitive now.:monkey2

Hmnnn...with Enterbay's 24 and Bruce Lee figures, and Hot Toys recent Dutch and forthcoming TDK offerings, Amok Time's figures are going to seem kind of "quaint" when finally released. Teen Frank and Werewolf look primitive now.:monkey2

But still, the collection looks better with them in it.

I see you, and raise you a 1:6 Bub from Day of the Dead.

im looking forward to both bub and dr.west,i hope they do more figures both movies..

While those are cool I'd still take The Horror of Party Beach figure over any of those.I'm glad somebody's making figures based on obscure cult films instead of the latest Fox tv show.

While those are cool I'd still take The Horror of Party Beach figure over any of those.I'm glad somebody's making figures based on obscure cult films instead of the latest Fox tv show.

Me too. After all, I did buy them. I am just saying that the bar has been raised forrealism in the 1/6th scale. The reason being used for why Hot Toys and Enterbay figures are so expensive has been because they are imports. If SSC or AT could make these type of figures cheaper, and look as good as HT or EB, wouldn't you like them to?:confused:

Me too. After all, I did buy them. I am just saying that the bar has been raised forrealism in the 1/6th scale. The reason being used for why Hot Toys and Enterbay figures are so expensive has been because they are imports. If SSC or AT could make these type of figures cheaper, and look as good as HT or EB, wouldn't you like them to?:confused:

Sideshow charges on average about $100 per figure. I don't see Amok's stuff significantly different than what we got from Sideshow on the Buck. The only difference is, we're not paying a C-note per figure through Amok. Plus, when you consider what we get, extra arms in some cases and in most, several heads, it makes the value that much better. I'm happy with what they're doing and hope they continue giving us affordable coolness. I'd really hate to see what Sideshow or even HotToys would've charged for the Cemetery Zombie from NOTLD. :horror

Sideshow charges on average about $100 per figure. I don't see Amok's stuff significantly different than what we got from Sideshow on the Buck. The only difference is, we're not paying a C-note per figure through Amok. Plus, when you consider what we get, extra arms in some cases and in most, several heads, it makes the value that much better. I'm happy with what they're doing and hope they continue giving us affordable coolness. I'd really hate to see what Sideshow or even HotToys would've charged for the Cemetery Zombie from NOTLD. :horror

I am out of the loop on what Sideshow is charging currently for their 12" offerings. i haven't bought a 12" figure since the last 12" Universal Monster. I know it wasn't $100. What lines are Sideshow charging $100 for on 12" figures?

star wars is about 100 and change for armoured figures such as clones and vader,the jedi and rebel figs seem to be 70ish at most dealers,indy is about 80-90 bucks or so and the gi joe figs are 100 and change as well

The Teenage Frank and Werewolf were sold by Amoktime, but they were manufactured by BFFF. I think it would be hard to justify putting out these types of figures for >$100 retail as sales would be limited. Amoktime and Executive Replicas are using the same factories, and from what I have been told, trying to keep a comfortable price point. Their go to sculptor is more than capable of matching if not surpassing the quality of most of the head sculpts available from the "bigger" companies. It doesn't make sense to go overboard sculpting detail that isn't going to survive the mass production process. As these companies grow and get into more desirable license I expect that they will raise the production values and offer some competition. As it is I'm shocked someone would even consider releasing some of these figures at all.

Back