Amazon Kindle Fire tablet ($200)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still waiting for them to announce this for the uk.

so the 8hr battery life is just for video, right? if you were just reading books, should it last longer, or will the screen technology not allow that?

I'm assuming you'll lose the benefits of e-ink with this one right?

my question exactly. i've beeen reading around. it does seem that the standard LED screen means reading will drain the battery almost as much as watching video. it'll just be like reading books on your laptop. eye strain included.

Yeah, it's a regular LED screen, not e-ink

As for comparison between watching movies and reading, watching a movie will take more power, since it's constantly processing data and changing the image on screen.

Yeah, it's a regular LED screen, not e-ink

As for comparison between watching movies and reading, watching a movie will take more power, since it's constantly processing data and changing the image on screen.

i would have thought so too, but i was a little confused - found 2 articles so far that said the 8hr battery life was quoted for video playback, and the official one saying it's for reading. obviously the video playback thing must be bollocks. but it makes you wonder how much it will actually last - couple of hours? probably only enough for 2 movies at best.

Back