Amazing AVP Elder to Scar conversion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting till i get les's mod of my eler head. :chew:chew

Also based on the same ref pic :rotfl

so, some guy on the internet who doesn't work for a multi-million dollar company that bases most of its business on making licensed figures can sculpt a better Predator face than Hot Toys can?

you should go work for them and demand they pay you with their tears of shame.
________
Bongs

Last edited:
so, some guy on the internet who doesn't work for a multi-million dollar company that bases most of its business on making licensed figures can sculpt a better Predator face than Hot Toys can?

you should go work for them and demand they pay you with their tears of shame.

I wouldn't say it's better; it's much more movie-accurate, and seamless with HT's base sculpt, which is still very impressive. You have to remember that the basic head was for the AVP Elder Predator, and it's pretty accurate for that character - it's not surprising that it doesn't look like Scar, because it isn't.

I wouldn't say it's better; it's much more movie-accurate, and seamless with HT's base sculpt, which is still very impressive. You have to remember that the basic head was for the AVP Elder Predator, and it's pretty accurate for that character - it's not surprising that it doesn't look like Scar, because it isn't.

I would say that means better.....a better representation of Scar. Which is who it's supposed to be.

He did a great job with the head.

Oh, I agree that it blows the Ani-Com Scar out of the water; however, the whole point of that toy was that it was a convention special made from pre-existing components - something with very little production effort involved.

I was simply suggesting that Prefused was being slightly harsh in his critique of Hot Toys' production quality. The basic sculpt is the Predator Elder, and as such the production version is mainly let down by its paint quality.

He was and you are correct. It's easier to improve something already made. Let's see someone sculpt the whole figure and armor. The improvement is awesome but the original figures taken as a whole are ground breaking.

Back