Am I too picky about my Deadpool Sixth Scale Box?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think in this case Sideshow would say that the 'damage' to the art box is so minor that they wouldn't offer even a credit for it. I'm sure they'd take it back and ship a new figure out (with buyer paying shipping both ways) but wouldn't guarantee that the new box would arrive in any better shape (unless the buyer opted for an additional $10 pack-out). Very expensive solution for this issue, so I'd say it's not worth the money or the hassle. The buyer would probably be best off calling Sideshow and arranging for pack-outs on all future orders (as mentioned, this adds $10) to avoid shipping damage in future.

Take an iron and cheesecloth. And I thing you know the rest. ;)

Hmm - I didn't know that additional padding was even an option. But for $20 shipping, I expect more padding than nothing and a bigger shipper (I don't care about the condition of the shipper, but the tighter the shipper to the box, the higher the risk of damage) and an appropriately sized box. I think I am going to contact Sideshow, bc as a high-end collectibles company, they have a responsibility to us as collectors to try their best to ensure that everything arrives in pristine condition. If I was buying a $20 action figure, I'd suck it up (and probably buy another one lol), but, as was mentioned above, this is a $230 collector's figure and I shouldn't just have to suck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you guys display your figures? Let dust touch them and expose to harmful light?

I bury mine in lead boxes. Hopefully my great great great great grandson will discover them and be able to retire :D

Sideshow will tell you it's a box designed to protect the actual figure contained during transit.
They will also make you aware of their 'pack out' option.

Sideshow will tell you it's a box designed to protect the actual figure contained during transit.
They will also make you aware of their 'pack out' option.

Maybe if he explains a dented box affects resale value they'll concede.

I wish I knew that was an option ahead of time! I would spring for the extra few bucks, especially being as, um, particular as I am.

I wish I knew that was an option ahead of time! I would spring for the extra few bucks, especially being as, um, particular as I am.

Just buy from BBTS you get a free packout. All my boxes and shippers are pretty pristine because I order everything from them but I do it to avoid the state sales tax SS charges me for being in CA.

I've actually had some problems with BBTS in the past. I always have an order with them (I use the pile of loot feature), but the Danger Room Cyclops had pen marks all over the box and when there are multiple items in the box, often times they're thrown in haphazardly. Only other issue is if something shows up broken on a sold out item, there's nothing BBTS can do for me. At least buying from Sideshow, I know there's a chance they can fix it for me (like when my Batgirl Premium Format showed up broken)

Back