Am I too picky about my Deadpool Sixth Scale Box?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Datlas07

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey All!

I'm very new to the world of Sideshow collectibles, but a long time vet of collecting. I just received my first Sideshow Sixth Scale figure ever - the new Deadpool. It was shipped in a box that was too small with no padding. The bottom right corner got jacked up in transit (see pics). Am I too picky if I reach out to Sideshow and ask them to replace the lid to the box?

Is this a common problem? Have you guys had the same issues in the past?

Thanks and excited to be part of the community!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 300
Re: Am I too picky about my Deadpool Hot Toys Box?

You got a Hot Toys Deadpool? Wow. Is it any better than the Sideshow one? :D

In all seriousness though... If it bothers you, it doesn't hurt to ask them .

Re: Am I too picky about my Deadpool Hot Toys Box?

Duh, I am an idiot! Thanks for the catch lol. I prob should edit that, but I'm not too proud lol.

Depends on your OCD.

If that is the only blemish, I would live with it. Box goes back into the shipper and in the attic. Out of sight.

I'm a little bit OCD lol. I have a dumb follow up, too. Taking this out of the box doesn't really effect its value, right? I've collected MOC vintage figures for a long time and obviously wouldn't even think about taking them off the card, but this Deadpool seems to be packaged to be removed and displayed.

If you don't ever plan on taking it out of the box, don't buy it in the first place. These are meant to be opened, not thrown in some vault to never be seen again. Opened him up and have some fun!

I'm a little bit OCD lol. I have a dumb follow up, too. Taking this out of the box doesn't really effect its value, right? I've collected MOC vintage figures for a long time and obviously wouldn't even think about taking them off the card, but this Deadpool seems to be packaged to be removed and displayed.

The value is enjoying the piece. Can't really do that in the box. It's also the only way you will know if the item isn't broken or missing anything. Which with Sideshow, you wanna check for that......

Not very much fun in collecting for the next owner.

Great point! So glad I opened up my Batgirl Premium Format - the top of her boot had broken off. Would've been so pissed to discover that sometime down the line. Sideshow was great about making it right. Thank you guys for helping a noob out!

Do you guys usually receive banged up boxes? I feel like with the way DP was packaged, it was almost like asking for his box to get beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont care about boxes but I suspect I'm in the minority. Look at it this way, do you think that terminal cancer patient who got to see star wars early cared about a stupid box when they dropped the diagnosis on him? Worry about better stuff.

would it be too picky to ask SS for a new box lid? in my opinion- yes
to each their own but that seems like a really minor issue to even worry about at all.

Appreciate the opinions! I know I'm a bit OCD with boxes and packages, so it's interesting to hear what other collectors think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im totally OCD when it comes to the actual figures not the packaging so i can relate for sure. your not alone. used to be much worse when i was younger i.e. i would pitch a fit if my action man/gi-joe scuba mask didnt properly fit on his head, would ***** and moan about how he would drown and how stupid it was. mum loved that :p poor mum.
as i got older it was slight paint imperfections that would drive me up the wall, to the point it would effect my enjoyment of the figure. got silly more than once buyin duplicates cuz paint was slightly better.
now im much older and it still can be bother but seems i have gotten control of it, annoying but i can ignore now unlike before.

good luck managing the OCD :)

It's insignificant until he tries to sell later on and the person he sells it to wants $50 deducted because of something that has nothing to do with the figure.

I can't stand "Box Perfection" collectors. Just enjoy the figure.

It's insignificant until he tries to sell later on and the person he sells it to wants $50 deducted because of something that has nothing to do with the figure.

I can't stand "Box Perfection" collectors. Just enjoy the figure.

:exactly: Me either! As long as the figure is OK, I'm not fussed about the box condition/damage etc - doesn't bother me at all, but each to their own I guess!!

I share in the ridiculousness of "box perfection" collectors. A while back I refunded $40 to a buyer who was upset with a bent corner on a hot toys art box. I was dumbfounded when I first read the complaint but he went on and on about how important it was. He wanted $100 when he started. Which was about 30% of the transaction. The box SHOULD not be that important to the overall enjoyment of collecting a figure or statue. It should get the figure from one place to another securely. If the contents move around or it doesn't fit well when closed then I'd be upset. The art box is just a fun bonus to look at when you first get it. The last piece of anticipation before the treasure. Just for the fun of argument, I'm going to give you a thumbs up for "Yes you're crazy." If they actually send you a replacement box or refund I'd be surprised and would love to see the response you get from them. Just to avoid future disappointments in the after markets, I think you should tell sellers beforehand if you tend to lean toward the unreasonable side, asking ahead of time about the "crispness" of cardboard edges. That's only fair because not everyone is so intense about "mint condition." If you are then be prepared to pay through the roof for perfection.

Back