Alphas on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
Anyone been watching this? I think it's been a good addition to the Monday lineup. It's not incredibly original, but I'm enjoying it.

I didn't see an existing thread for this.

Yup. I found it crawling around the "Free TV" section of ON-DEMAND (where you can watch previously aired TV shows). I originally didn't want to watch it because TBH SyFy original programming generally sucks. But I'm glad I gave it a shot. Entertaining show.

And while it's not original (kinda rips off Heroes) the way they portray and explain the powers Alphas have IS unique i.e. these aren't Supermen flying around and shooting electricity out of their fingertips. Their powers are related to higher brain function and not radioactive spider bites, etc. Plus they ALL have limitations. Like the lady who can "push" people to do what she wants i.e. the power of persuasion. Her limitation? Avoid eye contact and her powers don't work. :lol

I liked the episode with the guy who was able to cause riots. I was a bit surprised by the level of violence (and really surprised to see that one agent get beaten to death with a chair!), but I liked how the scenes were shot to show exactly what was going on.

And I think the guy who plays Gary is great. I like his character a lot.

I almost started a thread about this a couple weeks ago. I like this show. Eventually they'll have to move past the freak of the week theme if this is going to last though.

Yeah, that's what made the last episode refreshing.

"Bill and Gary's Excellent Adventure". :lol

Bill and Gary working a kidnapping case.

^^Yeah I think Gary is fraking funny. I hope they expand on the other alphas that seem to be the bad guys. Currently, this show reminds me of the way Smallville was during the first season or two when it was the freak of the week theme.

Believe the hype, my fellow nerdos. This SyFy original is actually pretty darn good. It's not revolutionary or anything, but it's a good example of how to do superheroes on a TV budget. It reminds me of a more down-to-earth version of the X-Men.

In any event, it's a hell of a lot better than Heroes or The Cape or Nightman.

Batty - I see I'm not the only one who watches Syfy. :lol :lol

It's funny how SyFy can put out good series yet their movies totally suck. :lol

Believe the hype, my fellow nerdos. This SyFy original is actually pretty darn good. It's not revolutionary or anything, but it's a good example of how to do superheroes on a TV budget. It reminds me of a more down-to-earth version of the X-Men.

In any event, it's a hell of a lot better than Heroes or The Cape or Nightman.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. And even though I really like Eureka and Warehouse 13, I'm glad Alphas is a little more on the serious side.

DPLove = Double Penetration Love?

TxoDy.jpg

Back