Alone in the Dark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the game also!!!

I don't know if all versions have it, but it has the soundtrack disc inside the case.

Can't wait to play it!!!!

Wow, I thought this thread was about the original Alone in the Dark

Alone%20in%20the%20Dark%20Front.jpg

man, I'm getting old!! hahaha :lol

Apparently this was the stink over the reviews:

After several European websites had given the game average or low ratings, publisher Atari threatened the responsible websites with lawsuits, claiming the reviews could not have been based on the final version since it was not available by the time they were published; Atari themselves had not delivered review-versions to them. The publisher suspected the reviewers to have used illegaly downloaded versions of the title. However, it is not unusual that games are sold in some shops days before the official release date because of early shipping. In addition Atari claimed that reviews were not done as demanded by the official product-review standards at all and should be deleted immediately. However, most websites defended their reviews and refused to delete their articles. So far it is unclear whether or not Atari will decide to sue these website. In the meantime other editors of magazines specialized in gaming stated, that it was possibly provoked to get attention and clicks on their websites, due to the predictability of Atari's reaction.

"The game can be compared to an agressive puppy without potty-training. You want to keep him so badly, but everytime it seems to go right, it bites, scratches and sh.ts on your carpet."

I just wanted to add that I am about 45 minutes into the game. And this game is AWESOME! Really fun to play, a great change from the usual games today. Story so far is very interesting and intriguing. And people ^^^^^ing about the controls??? These controls are perfectly fine! With some nice additions. I side with Atari on this one, the game news websites are wrong.

I just wanted to add that I am about 45 minutes into the game. And this game is AWESOME! Really fun to play, a great change from the usual games today. Story so far is very interesting and intriguing. And people ^^^^^ing about the controls??? These controls are perfectly fine! With some nice additions. I side with Atari on this one, the game news websites are wrong.

Interesting..... I will still wait for more feedback but thanks for sharing. :duff

Interesting..... I will still wait for more feedback but thanks for sharing. :duff

IGN just gave this game a 3.5. They said you have to switch between 3rd and 1st person views to use different weapons and that you can only kill enemies with fire. I think I will wait till this goes down to $29.99 or maybe just rent it. Games are too much these days.

IGN just gave this game a 3.5. They said you have to switch between 3rd and 1st person views to use different weapons and that you can only kill enemies with fire. I think I will wait till this goes down to $29.99 or maybe just rent it. Games are too much these days.

Wow, the person that reviewed that game must be the first time he has ever played a game. There is no tedious or annoying part is switching to FP or 3rd to use items. I really feel bad for this game, it is getting negative reviews for reason that don't make sense to me.

Wow, the person that reviewed that game must be the first time he has ever played a game. There is no tedious or annoying part is switching to FP or 3rd to use items. I really feel bad for this game, it is getting negative reviews for reason that don't make sense to me.

Damn it should I open it or not? :rotfl

Damn it should I open it or not? :rotfl

If you want, you can wait till I beat the game then tell you :monkey5 ....as long as you can still return it in a week or so.

But eh, its up to you man. Read the AITD Gamespot forums, they are definately helpful in getting a wider range of gamers reactions/reviews to the game: https://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/ac...ml?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;forums

Keep in mind, IGN UK gave it a 7.0 compared to IGN USA's 3.5......I do wonder what gamespot will give it...

If you want, you can wait till I beat the game then tell you :monkey5 ....as long as you can still return it in a week or so.

But eh, its up to you man. Read the AITD Gamespot forums, they are definately helpful in getting a wider range of gamers reactions/reviews to the game: https://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/ac...ml?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;forums

Keep in mind, IGN UK gave it a 7.0 compared to IGN USA's 3.5......I do wonder what gamespot will give it...

Actually what is funny is for the past 10 minutes I have been reading the gamefaqs message boards on this game. It is worse than any SW thread that we have. People either really like it or really hate it. I will keep it I THINK. And play it later. I hate going by reviews. But as stated before they are expensive. LOL! Anyway if you want a good read go to gamefaqs and look up this game. The nerds are out in full force my friend. :lol

Actually what is funny is for the past 10 minutes I have been reading the gamefaqs message boards on this game. It is worse than any SW thread that we have. People either really like it or really hate it. I will keep it I THINK. And play it later. I hate going by reviews. But as stated before they are expensive. LOL! Anyway if you want a good read go to gamefaqs and look up this game. The nerds are out in full force my friend. :lol

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:banana:horror:horror:horror

Well I beat the game. There are two different endings....though they practically have the same outcome. I was disappointed by the ending, I was expecting there to be a big epic battle between you and someone else.....they were leading toward that I think, but I think because they wanted to get the game out, they said "^^^^ it" and cut the ending a lot shorter than I would have liked.

A really good game though I thought, it took me maybe 12-15 hours to beat. I like the open world of Central Park, it can be really creepy walking around there all alone with the fantastic score and scary dudes popping out of nowhere at times. Graphics are really good, the fog and lighting is also a plus in this game. One main complaint I have is that the driving controls are not that good in the game and you will find yourself at crucial times that the driving controls can ^^^^ you up.

But I recommend the game to any fans of this genre (Horror, Survival Horror). But if you are going to buy this game just to get something, then either borrow it from a friend or rent it.

7.5/10 from me :).

Well I beat the game. There are two different endings....though they practically have the same outcome. I was disappointed by the ending, I was expecting there to be a big epic battle between you and someone else.....they were leading toward that I think, but I think because they wanted to get the game out, they said "^^^^ it" and cut the ending a lot shorter than I would have liked.

A really good game though I thought, it took me maybe 12-15 hours to beat. I like the open world of Central Park, it can be really creepy walking around there all alone with the fantastic score and scary dudes popping out of nowhere at times. Graphics are really good, the fog and lighting is also a plus in this game. One main complaint I have is that the driving controls are not that good in the game and you will find yourself at crucial times that the driving controls can ^^^^ you up.

But I recommend the game to any fans of this genre (Horror, Survival Horror). But if you are going to buy this game just to get something, then either borrow it from a friend or rent it.

7.5/10 from me :).

Thanks man! That is why I waited. I figured it would make a better rent or borrow. :duff

Back