All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how some Marvel Select figures sell like hot cakes and go for $100 on FeeBay. Meanwhile, others remain on the shelves for years and tons are available on retail websites. My local Newbury Comics store has had Cable and Zombie Magneto on the shelf for two years, but never ever got a Carnage. :lol

I love how some Marvel Select figures sell like hot cakes and go for $100 on FeeBay. Meanwhile, others remain on the shelves for years and tons are available on retail websites. My local Newbury Comics store has had Cable and Zombie Magneto on the shelf for two years, but never ever got a Carnage. :lol

Some of it also depends on what their display piece is too.

A lot of people like to buy the figures just for the display piece for their 6 inch figures since most often than not, they work better with 6 inch anyways. A good example is Marvel Girl, who came with half of the X-Mansion Gate, so people bought two of her and everybody wants an X-Mansion Gate. Now she's impossible to find for a reasonable price.

Some of it also depends on what their display piece is too.

A lot of people like to buy the figures just for the display piece for their 6 inch figures since most often than not, they work better with 6 inch anyways. A good example is Marvel Girl, who came with half of the X-Mansion Gate, so people bought two of her and everybody wants an X-Mansion Gate. Now she's impossible to find for a reasonable price.

I've got Legends Wolverine on the Select Agent Venom base and I think he fits it better than Agent Venom.

20170327_210656.jpg
20170327_211039.jpg

Attachments

• 20170327_210656.jpg
    20170327_210656.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 20170327_211039.jpg
    20170327_211039.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 255
Sorry. The sideways images weren't supposed to appear too. On another note, I wasn't planning on spending much money on my trip to Target today, but a quick stroll through the toy aisles changed that.

20170327_211829.jpg

I've got Legends Wolverine on the Select Agent Venom base and I think he fits it better than Agent Venom.

Yep, more often than not they work better with 6 inch figures.

Sorry. The sideways images weren't supposed to appear too. On another note, I wasn't planning on spending much money on my trip to Target today, but a quick stroll through the toy aisles changed that.

Damn, nice haul. I'm Jealous. I was able to finally find a Dazzler recently, so I'm happy about that. But I still haven't run into Cyclops or Colossus, who are the only other ones I'm after from this wave.

Nice score man! Those three are the main ones Im looking for right now too, though Im sure I'll end up getting Dazzler and Sunfire too (Polaris Is the only one Im not sold on yet). Really cool pics of your Wolverine figure too, the best ML figure out there imo!

I picked up the Select Guardians set the other day from the Disney store, and also scored a ML Green Goblin and Spider-Man 2099. The ML figures are fantastic of course, love them. Especially Goblin!

The Select Guardians are really nice looking, but unfortunately suffer from some bad QC. Star Lord is rife with loose joints, his right hand wont stay on well, and he has a weird pointless backpack that wont close, so it just sits on his back with the flap open lol. Actually all 4 have some loose joints in some form, and Rockets lower legs are assembled backwards. The all come with parts to form a really nice base, but they didn't put any pugs on it, so it's hard to stand the figures on it.

Definitely not the best examples of Select figures.... but still I'm happy to have them, they do look good together on the shelf at least.

Colossus has been popping in and out of stock on Amazon today. Got one coming in from them on Wednesday. So far he seems to be the only one Amazon is selling.

Hoping the rest of the wave follows soon.

Well, I know I'm gonna make someone happy.....just returned a Colossus and Cyclops at Walgreens today. So far (in just one day of going to 5 Walgreens), I've found at least 2 of each (except Colossus). What's worked for me is asking a manager and showing them pictures of the figuers. I've gotten lucky 3 times with them going in back and grabbing them for me. Basically, what doesn't fit on the shelf stays in the back. Your local Walgreens might not actually be out of those two. So it doesn't hurt to talk to a manager. Unlike Target, they don't have the whole 'these are collectibles, so we can't get them from the back to sell to you' mentality.

I found a Marvel Legends 12" Spider-man on clearance yesterday at Walmart. Took some quick pics of it, don't mind if I share some

66b79d07951d1aaf04d98516223870b0.jpg

00f90e6a23ad3bf1da1b0aad5824b131.jpg

896249d202e7f4f1d2955175c8df6939.jpg

523daa645c364cc35e5cf94554edd0d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a picture of the Hasbro X-Men altogether? Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Rogue, Archangel ... and Marvel Select Colossus.
Thanks!

In case anyones still hunting for the X-Men wave, I came across a few at Toys R Us so it looks like they're hitting there. They had all except Cyclops and Colossus (snatched up Old Man Logan for myself).

Very cool pic, dig this figure so much!
Thanks!
In case anyones still hunting for the X-Men wave, I came across a few at Toys R Us so it looks like they're hitting there. They had all except Cyclops and Colossus (snatched up Old Man Logan for myself).
Not having Cyclops and Colossus seems like the problem everywhere. They were the two main ones I wanted so I just went ahead and ordered the set.

I hope they keep making X-men. Id like a new Professor X, Beast, Storm, Gambit, etc.

Thanks!

Not having Cyclops and Colossus seems like the problem everywhere. They were the two main ones I wanted so I just went ahead and ordered the set.

I hope they keep making X-men. Id like a new Professor X, Beast, Storm, Gambit, etc.

Maybe for the next wave we could get a sweet build-a-figure wheelchair.

Back