All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retro F4 Mr. Fantastic

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-25.jpg
Marvel-F4-LS-8921-26.jpg
Marvel-F4-LS-8921-27.jpg

Retro F4 Busted Face Sue Storm

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-39.jpg
Marvel-F4-LS-8921-37.jpg

Retro F4 Human Torch

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-31.jpg

Retro F4 The Thing

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-19.jpg
Marvel-F4-LS-8921-21.jpg

Retro F4 Psycho-Man

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-07.jpg

Retro F4 High Evolutionary

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-14.jpg

Retro F4 Sue Storm - U Can't See Me Edition - Pulse EX

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-43.jpg
Marvel-F4-LS-8921-46.jpg

Retro F4 Johnny Storm - Pulse Ex

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-56.jpg
Marvel-F4-LS-8921-57.jpg

Domino, Rictor, and Cannonball with legs - X-Force 3 pack.

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-90.jpg

Animated Morbius or Morlun tease?

Marvel-F4-LS-8921-96.jpg

Pic credit to Toyark.

Last edited:
Preordered the Pulse EX Invisible Woman and Human Torch. Went ahead and nabbed X-Force three pack too.

Any consensus on what’s the best stand/flight stand for these figures, value for money-wise? Preferably clear bases? And where to buy? Thanks.

Preorderd the Pulse Ex Johnny Storm and High Evolutionary.
I have a feeling that the head on Invisible Woman was intentionally botched to sell more of the previous Modern Invisible Woman just to get the replacement head sculpt.

Any consensus on what’s the best stand/flight stand for these figures, value for money-wise? Preferably clear bases? And where to buy? Thanks.

Hmmm well for me I just use MAFEX stands for my MLs, though I'm not aware of any (branded or unbranded) 1/12 stands.

I have used the NECA round stands with mixed results. Some figures actually work pretty decent, but some ML figures foot holes are too shallow and others are too large to grip the peg. Really inconsistent.

Over 6100 backers already
the backers have seriously slowed. i think a bunch of phantom orders are going to come out of the woodwork in the end. maybe the retailers orders will all hit at the end or something.

yesterday at 11AM there were 11,377 backers. today at 12:39 11,452. they need to average 134 a day for the next 19 or so days. in the past 24+ hours the daily backers were: 75.

i hope it gets made, but it would be funny if it missed the goal.

SoGS

I use the ones sold at Hasbro pulse. The good: they work great for getting figures in lots of poses. The bad: they are bulky and expensive. I also use the thin clear ones found on Amazon and eBay but beware while some of them are good there are others that a crap and fall apart all the time. As far as regular (standing) bases I've tried the Neca and I agree w/bigbisont very hit or miss plus the are large. I found clear bases that are quarter sized that I bought on eBay and those are fantastic but I've never found them again.
Pulse ones-

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ha...igure-stands-pack-of-3-hasbro-pulse-exclusive
Amazon ones (I'm not sure if the are the good or bad quality ones but it gives you an idea-

https://www.amazon.com/FINGERINSPIR...14&sprefix=figure+stands+marve,aps,207&sr=8-7
The neca ones-
https://www.amazon.com/NECA-Action-...words=figure+stand+neca&qid=1629312026&sr=8-6

EDIT
I found the quarter sized ones that I like. You have to push them hard sometimes and some figures might require 2 but I love these. I always skipped them because it says it's for star war figures. But the reviews show them working with Marvel Legends.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013CRCNI4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:

SoGS

I use the ones sold at Hasbro pulse. The good: they work great for getting figures in lots of poses. The bad: they are bulky and expensive. I also use the thin clear ones found on Amazon and eBay but beware while some of them are good there are others that a crap and fall apart all the time. As far as regular (standing) bases I've tried the Neca and I agree w/bigbisont very hit or miss plus the are large. I found clear bases that are quarter sized that I bought on eBay and those are fantastic but I've never found them again.
Pulse ones-

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ha...igure-stands-pack-of-3-hasbro-pulse-exclusive
Amazon ones (I'm not sure if the are the good or bad quality ones but it gives you an idea-

https://www.amazon.com/FINGERINSPIR...14&sprefix=figure+stands+marve,aps,207&sr=8-7
The neca ones-
https://www.amazon.com/NECA-Action-...words=figure+stand+neca&qid=1629312026&sr=8-6

EDIT
I found the quarter sized ones that I like. You have to push them hard sometimes and some figures might require 2 but I love these. I always skipped them because it says it's for star war figures. But the reviews show them working with Marvel Legends.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013CRCNI4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Wow, very much above and beyond. I really appreciate the thoughtful response.

I picked up a few from BBTS a year or 2 ago, one day a clamp that holds the figure just snapped. Another day, the pole snapped where it connects to the clamp. That was quite some time ago and I just kind of left the figures hanging out on their backs lol. I have a few Hot Toys which are my display pieces, but the ML figures are much more fun to repose/play with (without fear of breaking something).

Your post has motivated me to pick up some stands again lol. Thanks!

Never bought a Marvel Legends figure before, but the Galactus was too good to pass up. What is with the skull face? I don't remember that from the comics

same here. My first Marvel Legends figure is Galactus :googlei bought him to display with my Bowens, and i think he is going to display quite nicely.

Marvel Legends Galactus​

14,940 Backers
Target 14,000

I'm so trying to avoid this. I keep looking at my ToyBiz BAF Galactus and saying to myself that he's good enough. :lol

$400 is just a hard sell for me for a toy action figure. Regardless of how big a fan I am. If it hits both tiers, or more, I may back it on the last day. So I feel like I'm getting more for my money. Including at least the shown/teased 2 add on figures (Nova & another Surfer) that I would've bought if they were regular releases will at least make me feel like I got something for free, or in my mind lessen the price to $350 for the big guy...

Why Hasbro? Where the hell am I gonna put this thing?? I don't even have any of the statues I own out on display at the moment due to space... :gah:

I'm so trying to avoid this. I keep looking at my ToyBiz BAF Galactus and saying to myself that he's good enough. :lol

$400 is just a hard sell for me for a toy action figure. Regardless of how big a fan I am. If it hits both tiers, or more, I may back it on the last day. So I feel like I'm getting more for my money. Including at least the shown/teased 2 add on figures (Nova & another Surfer) that I would've bought if they were regular releases will at least make me feel like I got something for free, or in my mind lessen the price to $350 for the big guy...

Why Hasbro? Where the hell am I gonna put this thing?? I don't even have any of the statues I own out on display at the moment due to space... :gah:
it's a lotta dough for an action figure. I don't know what your collection consists of, but if you have an army of Legends Select figures, i think it's a no brainer

$400 is a lot of money, but i think it's a great value for what you get. Especially compared to the prices of other collectibles these days, plus free shipping in USA. if you've sold anything recently and hard to ship something this size across the country you know what im talking about. I like art direction of this Galactus better than both the new Sideshow Statues and the old Maquette. He looks like the definitive comic inspired Galactus without looking to old or too new. The Sideshow statues for me look too fancy. If there's another Galactus made in this scale, statue or figure, it's surely going to be much more expensive, and i don't believe it will look better than this. Plus all the other Crowdfunded pieces sell for a good deal more than people pay.

Last edited:
Back