All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody wonder if Hasbro or DS will release a movie Venom figure?

Very doubtful unfortunately. Seeing that there's never been any Sony Marvel figures past the couple X3 ones we got years ago, I'm thinking there's a licensing issue there. Surely we would be flooded with wonderful 1:12 Deadpool movie figures by now if that wasnt the case.

Venom BAF is king of Venom action figures with only Revoltech being a very close 2nd.

:lecture
The Venom Build A Figure wave is the Movie Venom wave in the same way that the Juggernaut BAF wave Deadpool was the Deadpool movie figure, the Warlock BAF wave with Old Man Logan is the Logan movie figure, and the Sasquatch wave Deadpool, Cable, and Domino were the Deadpool 2 movie figures. Check the dates, they all came out within about a month of their respective movies.
Unfortunately, ML doesn't do movie based figures that are not MCU anymore.

As for Diamond Select, It's rare that they do a MCU based figure let alone one from a Sony/Fox movie based figure.

The Venom Build A Figure wave is the Movie Venom wave in the same way that the Juggernaut BAF wave Deadpool was the Deadpool movie figure, the Warlock BAF wave with Old Man Logan is the Logan movie figure, and the Sasquatch wave Deadpool, Cable, and Domino were the Deadpool 2 movie figures. Check the dates, they all came out within about a month of their respective movies.

That's been my take on it as well. Hasbro has gotta capitalize on the characters while they're hot in the theaters!

299FE430-7933-42E2-83B4-02B43F15BE5A.jpeg

Very doubtful unfortunately. Seeing that there's never been any Sony Marvel figures past the couple X3 ones we got years ago, I'm thinking there's a licensing issue there. Surely we would be flooded with wonderful 1:12 Deadpool movie figures by now if that wasnt the case.

As for Diamond Select, It's rare that they do a MCU based figure let alone one from a Sony/Fox movie based figure.

Agree, I think licensing is a big issue with potential releases. However if I'm not mistaken, the last Sony based movie figures Hasbro released was Spider-Man and Electro from the Ultimate Green Goblin BAF:

RRp93zS.jpg

Which is why I'm wishfully thinking a Venom figure will be released.

Agree, I think licensing is a big issue with potential releases. However if I'm not mistaken, the last Sony based movie figures Hasbro released was Spider-Man and Electro from the Ultimate Green Goblin BAF:

Dude go to your inbox now!
MYSTERIO!

RRp93zS.jpg

Oh yeah, you’re right! I have those figures too, just totally forgot haha! I think if Hasbro could still do Sony stuff, we would have seen Logan, Deadpool and Venom by now. They also completely skipped the last x-men trilogy. I would love to be wrong here though, Im dying for some 1:12 movie Logan and deadpool figures!

I’m pretty sure the X-Men movies, Logan, and Deadpool movies are from FOX. That’s why they aren’t made into Marvel Legends. There’s still a chance characters from Sony movies could show up in Marvel Legends. After all, they have released figures from the most recent Sony/ Marvel Studios movies like Amazing Spiderman 2 and Spiderman Homecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt plan on getting any of the Fantastic 4. But they were all at one Walgreens so it was hard to say no.

Attachments

• ML4.jpg
    ML4.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 97
Love the pose and angle! I kinda like this old body, Atleast the torso half but give him the updated hip joints. I’d love a green Iron Fist on this body!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Yeah I would also love an updated green IF but with his huge kung fu pimp collar lol

I didnt plan on getting any of the Fantastic 4. But they were all at one Walgreens so it was hard to say no.

So now you know what it feels like to hit the lotto....well minus the money of course lol

Yeah the Walgreens FF figures are great. Can’t help but wonder how much better if they each included a piece to Doc Doom. That would have been sweet!

Back