All Things LEGOS a.k.a. Bricks Anonymous Group (BAG)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Yeah there is a bridge between Denmark and Sweden, and my hometown Malmö is connected to Copenhagen by it. Easy and Nice since Copenhagen is a great city.

Sounds like a good opportunity to make a fun day trip out of it. Like how when I go down to Timewaker I visit Sweden too....
at our local Ikea. :p

I like those modular buildings but I avoid them because I would want to buy all and then want to create a Lego city.

Tempting but I'm waiting until October for the D2C Lego Batman Movie Wayne Manor.

I ordered the old fishing store to use as a Halloween decoration along with the haunted house.

Me too. I've been waiting for it for a while now. Everybody's over here drooling over the Falcon and I'm just happy to get the Fishing Store. It's just the right kind of look for me. Should be here next Friday, so that will give me something fun to do over the weekend.

Me too. I've been waiting for it for a while now. Everybody's over here drooling over the Falcon and I'm just happy to get the Fishing Store. It's just the right kind of look for me. Should be here next Friday, so that will give me something fun to do over the weekend.

Agree, I love the look of it! Now I kinda want to get the silent mary ghost pirate ship to be sunken beside it slightly offshore.

Damn, the price for the new UCS Falcon over here is $1070!

And what a joke, it's "only" $880 in Denmark. I'll have to go over to Denmark and get it, it's only a 20 min trip.

But it Looks great! Picture from FB:

78a55d8b419e313e73e72f0809cdbea8.jpg

What a beast, I would love this, but $800? :horror

Yeah I won't really know until I build the thing but I imagine they did it this way for architectural reasons.

That said I think people are just attempting to rationalize the price tag. I can't blame them. While this is the biggest LEGO set ever it does seem to be overpriced. More mini figs, printed art and more interior access would have gone a long way in quelling the criticisms of this price point.

Last edited:
I don't like the price but it is not surprising. And really most of the recent star wars wave sets are overpriced just as much by comparison. It beats the hell out of buying the 2008 version on ebay, and bottom line is I need a UCS Falcon to go with the other ships. All the justification I need.

Agree, I love the look of it! Now I kinda want to get the silent mary ghost pirate ship to be sunken beside it slightly offshore.

Y'know, it did catch my eye, but there's something about it that looks hokey to me. Like the tattered sails don't translate well. I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I really wish they'd go back to the generic Pirate theme.

I don't like the price but it is not surprising. And really most of the recent star wars wave sets are overpriced just as much by comparison. It beats the hell out of buying the 2008 version on ebay, and bottom line is I need a UCS Falcon to go with the other ships. All the justification I need.

I'm right there with ya. :lol

Speaking of pirate ships, you guys see the Ninjago Movie ship? I know it seems like I'm hyping Ninjago (never seen the show nor do I own a single set) but these new ones look very slick. Reviews on the ship have been very positive as well.

Y'know, it did catch my eye, but there's something about it that looks hokey to me. Like the tattered sails don't translate well. I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I really wish they'd go back to the generic Pirate theme.

I wouldn't buy it as a stand-alone set either but thematically next to the old fishing store.....I'll pick it up if there is a sale. I think there will be.

The movie was pretty so-so I thought. Not awful but probably only worth watching if you are a fan of the series.

Speaking of pirate ships, you guys see the Ninjago Movie ship? I know it seems like I'm hyping Ninjago (never seen the show nor do I own a single set) but these new ones look very slick. Reviews on the ship have been very positive as well.

I have seen the pictures of the ninjago stuff in passing. Look nicely detailed but I have no interest. Just have to draw the line somewhere. I already buy lots of star wars sets and pick and choose from other stuff like modulars, holiday sets, etc.

I have seen the pictures of the ninjago stuff in passing. Look nicely detailed but I have no interest. Just have to draw the line somewhere. I already buy lots of star wars sets and pick and choose from other stuff like modulars, holiday sets, etc.

That's my problem, as I am inherently interested in all things bada$$ (that includes ninjas in general) I am compelled to stare at these sets. But you're right, we have to draw the line somewhere. I've done good at sticking with Star Wars (my favorite franchise) but LEGO has always been my favorite toy since I was kid. So everything they churn out is torture. :p

Both the Ninjago ship Destiny's Bounty and the Ninjago City look unfreakinbelievable!
If I was going to buy a Pirate ship, I'd get the Destiny's Bounty any day over the POTC ship despite not knowing anything about Ninjago.

Back