All the way From Hong Kong for NOTHING!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All they probably had to do was tape it securely with high quality shipping tape to the inside of the envelope and it would most likely have been fine. Sad really...

While I think the products they produce are amazing, both the design of the wrist pegs and customer service relating to them sucks. I had a peg break (as far as I'm concerned it was even blame between me being unfamiliar with the limitations of the wrist, and a poor design which puts too much stress on a very thin piece of plastic), my two emails to them (which the site says will be answered in 5 - 7 days) went unacknowleged. I can even understand them not replacing a product not purchased directly from them, instead leaving that responsibility to the retailer, but to ignore a communication is just bad form. And the $40 I had to spend on eBay to fix it still hurts. A lot.

This is one of the main reasons I've been too scared to even attempt changing the wrists. It seems to keep coming up.

Well my Joker was another matter, it was actually easier, but the Batman's seem very tough to change. To go through all this, I can imagine the frustration Spidey is going through.

I have to hand it to Takara, their wrist pegs are so robust for changing.

Some of these hongkong sellers have absolutely diddly squat commonsense when it comes to posting this kind of stuff. Even my full HT figures, they come covered with nearly 50 stamps, just to justify the 60 odd US dollars that they sting for shipping, THEN they dont even come boxed or anything, just barely a bit of parcel tape/paper around them, some even half fully off and a little ripped. Its crazy, they have NO idea, that's SOOO typical that they would just use a regular envelope for that, they dont THINK. Especially for the crazy prices they quote for it

They should bundle spare wrist pegs in future products, or at least make them robust.

Well you seem to be too annoyed to read between my lines. That's fair enough for on this board, but it makes me wonder how you worded those ten letters you sent Hot Toys to finally get them to send the part.

Hey Stinky, Here's a copy of my latest letter to Hot Toys. You can tell me if it sounds respectful enough.

Dear Mr. G Tse, thank you for your attention to this recent matter. I received the registered letter today, however all that I received was an EMPTY envelope. Whoever shipped the wrist peg to me placed it in a regular paper envelope with no padding. Apparently when the envelope went through one of the sorting machines, the peg was ripped from the envelope. Normal standard letter envelopes are not designed to handle round parts like the wrist peg. When they are put through the sorting machine it causes them to rip open. Consequently I still find myself with the same problem that I had before which is a Batman Dark Knight figure with only ONE hand. I have included pictures of the envelope for you.
I have also pre-purchased one of your Batman "New Costume" figures as well as ALL THREE of your upcoming "Iron Man" figures. The apparent fragility of your product combined with the amazingly difficult process involved in attempting to procure replacement parts certainly causes me to worry about the large number of Hot Toys figures that I have on order.
I appreciate your initial attempt to send me the replacement peg, but I humbly ask you to send me some replacements in an envelope that will not tear open and lose the part during the shipping process. Perhaps I could ask for several of the pegs, since if the other one breaks I would prefer not to have to trouble you like this again. Thank you for your time and attention. Spidey7

Lets just leave it at that shall we and get back to what this thread is about without the sarcasm etc.
Thanks
Shell
x :peace

Last edited:
Lets just leave it at that shall we and get back to what this thread is about without the sarcasm etc.
Thanks
Shell
x :peace

Ummmmm, Ok. I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The thread is on target. Stinky and I are friends and sending smilies back and forth at a dizzying rate. In fact, everything was Hunky Dorey 'till you poked your head in and told us to pipe down. I'm assuming you're a MOD? I think you must have misread or misunderstood something. We're all right as rain in here.

Last edited:
I agree, I'm not sure what your referring to exactly Scot, and I'll try to keep my sarcasm to a minimum. Spidey and me are cool.

I think, at least, I have the right of reply, and any derailment has been Spideys doing. It's his thread and I guess he can go off track and psycho analyse me if he wants.

Spidey, you don't need my approval for the emails you send. The solution to your troubles is, has, and will always be in your own hands. That particular letter sounds good.

How did you go at the post office? Did you follow my advice and ask them about registered letters? Are you certain they go through a sorting machine. Over here things really must be different. Here registered letters go into a separate bag, they are individually written up into a log, and are signed for by each of the drivers, as they pass the bag to the next responsible postal worker. Thus it never gets sorted by a machine. That's why I suggested you ask at your post office. Things can change from country to country.

Have you approached the seller you bought it from, under the chain of command I mentioned? Anyway, it's your choice as to the advice you take and the avenues you pursue. You're only as enlightened as the doors you choose to open, and to keep my prickly reputation going, as ignorant as the doors you choose to leave closed. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get another replacement.

It sucks twice as much having to repeat the process. I know the frustration and the feeling of disappointment that, even though you have bought and paid for a figure, and it not being complete, you miss out on the joy when hype for the figure is running high. Not even that, but having to wait more months while it sits on the shelf mocking you each day till then. That too will pass.

Yeah Registered items are usually treated separetely from other mail.

The point of purchase shouldve been notified first, have you tried them? If they cant replace it, they contact their distributor, if their distributor doesnt have replacements, they contact HT. Unless of course they deal directly with HT, which would be the case if theyre in HK or Japan, then it would make the whole deal easier. Remember you gave your money to a merchant, you are their customer and if theyre a good business theyll take care of you! Did you use Ebay? Who are you ordering from?

I don't even know if I'm ever going to change the hands on my figures. Do you have to take the hands off to take the V1 Joker's coats off?

Yeah, but the Joker's hand pegs are much stronger than Batman's in my experience. If you over-extend that joint the hand is most likely just going to pop off the peg, whereas Batman's more likely to break.

Yeah thats the great thing about the Joker as you said, it is much easier. No risk of breaking. I still try to be very careful. Sounds like a rubber sucker popping off when changing those.

Hey, to all of you that are dealing with this wrist peg problem, even though I have not given up on chasing Hot toys around, I DID find some EXCELLENT wrist pegs at a much better price than anything that you'll find on eBay from BlackOpsToys. They're the tan/flesh colored ones, but with the gauntlet over them you can't really tell, plus you can just paint them black. I was more impressed by their GREAT customer service (Hot Toys could learn a thing or two from Brian. He's AWESOME!) So, if your looking for the least painful way out of this situation (and Brian actually made it kinda fun) head over to www.blackopstoys.com and grab 'em while you still can. Just don't tell them I sent you (They might charge you DOUBLE ).

I'm not sure. It's actually the TDK "Original" costume that we've been talking about. I haven't recieved my "New" costume figure yet, so I don't know what those wrist pegs look like. Hopefully they're a little sturdier than their predecessor.

My wrist peg broke too. I am contacting Joe (Mista305/Hobby Planet USA) and see what he can do. In the meantime I will get a set from Black Ops just so Bats won't look too dorky in the case with no hand.

Hmm, time to get a pose that hides the hand :)

Spidey, BTW what hand was it, right or left? Mine was rigt, the left was no problem.

My wrist peg broke too. I am contacting Joe (Mista305/Hobby Planet USA) and see what he can do. In the meantime I will get a set from Black Ops just so Bats won't look too dorky in the case with no hand.

Hmm, time to get a pose that hides the hand :)

Spidey, BTW what hand was it, right or left? Mine was rigt, the left was no problem.

Yeah, Mine was right too.

Back