Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miIm2YL.jpg

ha5ANcn.jpg

It's still only made a little over $83 million domestically on a $170 million budget...the stronger international numbers help but you have to double your production budget just to break even...then you factor in marketing costs on top of that... this is not a financial success.

I’m glad it finally surpassed Solo’s box office at least.

Also if Edge of Tomorrow can get a sequel, so can this, especially with ol’ Jimbo backing it.

Would Blu ray/DVD sales factor in and help? We very much need a sequel to this awesome movie!
If the sales showed that it was finding a much larger audience than its theatrical release, then yes, it could play a big part in greenlighting a sequel.

I remember the 1st Austin Power's did mediocre business at the theater, but because of it's success in video, they went on to make multiple sequels.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If the sales showed that it was finding a much larger audience than its theatrical release, then yes, it could play a big part in greenlighting a sequel.

I remember the 1st Austin Power's did mediocre business at the theater, but because of it's success in video, they went on to make multiple sequels.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's promising! I could see the videophilles eating up the 4K discs of this flick. I know I'll be buying myself a copy on release day.

Would Blu ray/DVD sales factor in and help? We very much need a sequel to this awesome movie!

If they reduced the budget to 120m - 150m they might be able to make another. It probably is worth the risk to slowly build up a fan base. The only alarming thing is how bad it did in the USA. Bit like Warcraft bombed in the US and smashed in internationally.

Back