Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, this sounds like a totally noob question, but how does one go about "sticky-ing" a thread? can it be done only by the mods or can members do it too?

I'm making a new thread. It will be titled....

" anything that would require you to open a thread instead make a post official thread ".

:lol

Does anyone know if they made any figures of the "T3: Rise Of The Machines" versions of the T-1 and the small Aerial Drone?

I could have sworn there were some mini figures put out, but I can't seem to find any info.

Pics would be very welcome.

There's one of the T-1's for sure, but l'm not so sure about the HK's. They were made by some Japanese company and were distributed as a set.

I'm looking for more info.

01.jpg

05.jpg

file.php

Last edited:
You know my opinion: T-600 - T-800 - T-1000 - T-X. Don't need more Terminator types, we just need more good movies with the ones we've got (and I'm not including McG's 600s as part of that statement).

Yep, I thought the T-600's were the coolest Terminators in T:S.

Definately one of the coolest Terminators to come along in a while, actually.

Yep, I thought the T-600's were the coolest Terminators in T:S.

Definately one of the coolest Terminators to come along in a while, actually.

They look cool, yes, but I see them from a believability stand point. There is no logic to them if you put T:S into real life. Giant humanoid robots with rubber masks are completely impractical for the job they were designed for. They can't sneak up on anybody. They only look human from a block away. They carry weapons too large for a real man to handle, especially with one hand. And as Hunter Killers, they are completely insufficient compared to tanks and flying machines. As depicted, their design makes no sense.

"The Terminator is an infiltration unit (humanoid design meant to allow them to get inside human hideouts)....The 600 series had rubber skin (not masks) we spotted them easy (primative version of the human disguise that still looked fake), but these (800s) are new; they look human (cyborgs)."

What Kyle was describing regarding the 600s was a rubber skinned (and therefor less refined) version of the Terminator, infiltration unit machines. The machine part and its function were essentially the same thing in the 600s and 800s.

Yes, Stan Winston made them, but it was McG's interpretation of what a more primative 600 is that messed up the believability. There is no reason for it to look human if it will never be passable as human, and that big and that strong, and especially walking around that torn up looking makes them completely counter-intuitive for their purpose.

Also, remember that Cyberdyne had the 800 endo remains in its possession. There was no need for their to be any learning curve or refining process designwise from 600 to 800. Skynet didn't develope the 800 by trial and error, Cyberdyne already new exactly how it was supposed to look. They could have and probably would have had a prototype built and possibly functional (but not autonomous) before Judgment Day, August 29th, 1997.

Now, the existing T:S 600s may have come about if the prototype and all skimatics of it were lost in the events of T2, but if that were the case, the current timeline would never yield a T-800 as we know it, not even the slightly modified version seen in T:S.

Cameron had a right to change the timeline he created, but in doing so, he made sure that no sequel would make logical sense, and so far they haven't.

Back