Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. How did you come up with that one? :dunno

*cough, cough* Avatar license *cough, cough*

I don't see them releasing -- or even revealing, for that matter -- all of the Predators they plan to make in 2012, but they really do need to get a move on if they want this announcement to show sufficient signs of impact this year. The P2 remake is coming down the pike (or so one would hope) and other 1/6 and 1/4 pieces are to be expected. Let's not forget that they haven't shown us any 1/4 goodness yet, so if they really want to at least get a good start going, they'll have to raise the curtains on something soon. Hot Toys really has a lot on their plate.

That's certainly one way of looking at things... I guess younger collectors crave immediacy and want everything NOW! Gimme, gimme, gimme! But there is certainly nothing new about waiting in the collector game. Lots of people still only know something's out when it appears at their local shop... I personally don't care how long it takes for something I'm interested in to come out. And if it does bother some, then chances are it's probably just a fad for them and they'll quickly find something else to spend that money on that's burning a hole in their pocket.

I think any collector craves immediacy, provided they have the money for it at that particular moment in time. I remember this wasn't the case with Classic for me; I had to wait a month after his PO went up to reserve mine, simply because I didn't have the funds. Luckily he didn't sell out.

Having that said, I'm all ready for P2. A few months between him and the next one would certainly be appreciated, though. I have a feeling if P2 is the first, whatever comes next will be big... and cost at least $400.

Yeah, but your speaking from a young persons perspective, I can understand where you're coming from, but you get more patient the older you become. It may be a new experience for you, but it's nothing new for us older collectors.

I do agree. I've no problem with waiting for something and ultimately, it all comes down to what the company in question decides to do. I am, however, willing to bet everyone on here with $225 at the ready would prefer a sooner release rather than later. Once again, provided they can afford it when other figures they want are also on the way.

Not really speaking from a young person's perspective; just common sense. If you have the space, the money, and have been looking forward to a particular release, you'll have to wait same as everyone else, but you'll jump on that PO the second it hits. Part of it is also curiosity, especially with the P2 and the other items they've announced. We all want to see how Tsang handles the unmasked portraits on the smaller pieces, how the diecast parts will look on the bigger pieces, and whether or not we get yet another new body type for some of them.

Yeah, but we've only just heard about any plans for these figures, so it's only natural that further announcement will come in due course. I like companies that heighten your senses by teasing us with the though of what might be ahead for us. It's all part of the surprise and enjoyment of the hobby.

Don't get me wrong, all of this is speculation. Heck, I'm not 100% sure that P2 will be the first. What comes after him will also be a bit of a mystery. And what comes after that is even more so.

Heh, looking back on the posts in this thread, wondering what HT's preorder drop plan will be for 2012-2015, it feels almost as if the company should get that P2 out to pacify us, if anything. :lol

Whatever happens, it's definitely going to be a wild and very enjoyable ride! I'm just glad that some of my favorite characters' are getting the attention they deserver. I can remember the days when all that was available were kits and children's toys. How things have changed...

I remember how happy I was getting ahold of the vintage Kenner toys back in '04. For some reason, the novelty of a Praying Mantis Alien wasn't lost on me in elementary school (it's probably because they were also cheaper than McFarlane's offerings, considering I couldn't find the AVP Series 1 7" figures in stores to save my life). :lol

I still have a soft spot for the old Kenner stuff... But there is still something to be said about painting and creating your own kits, etc. and learning all the techniques required to pull together something that you felt was great. Ahhhhhh, the good old days...but they were also lame ass days in many, many ways!

Quick question, do you guys think £150/$240 for a new HT T700 is worth it? Or is it better to save that and put it towards a new T800 when it comes out eventually?

The t-700 endoskeleton?

They go for about £90 boxed and as new in auction (from my experience). I bought one for about £75 6 months ago and sold it shortly after for about £80

The t-700 endoskeleton?

They go for about £90 boxed and as new in auction (from my experience). I bought one for about £75 6 months ago and sold it shortly after for about £80

Yeah the endo.
Wow I not seen one for less then £140!
Could the value have gone up since you sold yours?

Well its only been 6 months or so. If the starting bid is a low one the bids dont usually carry them over 80-90 from what ive been seeing. The t-700 figure and the diorama seem to be pretty big flops. And i also dont think its worth over £100 anyway.

Id say save your money for a cheap one popping up because they are common

Well its only been 6 months or so. If the starting bid is a low one the bids dont usually carry them over 80-90 from what ive been seeing. The t-700 figure and the diorama seem to be pretty big flops. And i also dont think its worth over £100 anyway.

Id say save your money for a cheap one popping up because they are common

Ah ok.
Thanks may hold off then. The lack of accessories is off putting too at that price.

The legs dont move much without feeling stress of breaking, Pipes tend to pop out of the head and neck when you try to turn it (atleast with mine). The arms arent up to much either. Its pretty much a statue. and the LED light up eyes are extremely bright like the classic predators tri laser so it totally ruins the eyes effect. you could use it as a torch in the dark

The legs dont move much without feeling stress of breaking, Pipes tend to pop out of the head and neck when you try to turn it (atleast with mine). The arms arent up to much either. Its pretty much a statue. and the LED light up eyes are extremely bright like the classic predators tri laser so it totally ruins the eyes effect. you could use it as a torch in the dark

:lol
Does not sound very appealing when you put it like that!

That doesn't sound like the T-700/800/600's I know... They are some of the most intricate and well articulated figures money can buy. The detail is amazing. Sure, if you turn the head to far the pistons can pop out, but you have to turn the head to it's extreme limits to do that. They are pretty light but they are pretty strong, too. Making them from metal would be the only thing I can really think of that would improve on them a bit.

It's a great figure for sure, I just wouldn't pay more than $130 for it. Maybe $140 considering the apparent price hikes, but it's still a very stripped-down piece.

Back