alien warrior life size bust (Sideshow)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srviver104

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone.... new to this forum....

I'm new to collecting this high end statues/busts and was looking into the alien warrior life size bust by Sideshow. Second hand market prices are really high, so I was wondering if Sideshow would ever do another run? maybe change up the paint job, so some sort of slight variation and release a ver. 2.0 ? like they did with the life size T-800.

Do they not want to make another one in fear of upsetting the collectors market? Or do they not have the rights?

thank you or any insight on this :)

Sideshow won't remake it or do a 2.0 version in all likelihood.
The bust is from Stan Winston Studios in conjunction with Sideshow and SWS doesn't exist anymore they are called Legacy Effects now. Combine that with Sideshow having a rule not to re-release statues and it's a sure bet there won't be another version of this.

Not to mention that SWS auctioned off most if not everything in their studios when they closed their doors. Doubt any original casts made by them are achievable. And sideshow isn't know for remaking their stuff. They're not Hot Toys. Not yet anyway. :lol

Not to mention that SWS auctioned off most if not everything in their studios when they closed their doors. Doubt any original casts made by them are achievable. And sideshow isn't know for remaking their stuff. They're not Hot Toys. Not yet anyway. :lol

HLK COMIQUETTE....ANGEL COMIQUETTE :slap

THEY MIGHT....just dont know which movie yet? theres Alien3, alien4 warriors need to be make. or accurate Giger Alien

or maybe a Queen crown...:rolleyes2

The molds are in there, what they sold were the showcase pieces. Also they didn't close any door, they just changed their name. There seems to be a problem with the Stan Winston's state that prevents SS releasing licensed pieces from those molds for the moment.

For example, that's why we still we have not seen an 1987 P1 helmet from Sideshow, while we have seen it in the past from other licensors (HCG, Icons).

HCG made indeed a pair of cool bio's from P1 & P2, all from the original moulds. SWS even designed for them the inner side of the bio.

P.S. Sideshow indeed remakes their stuff! proof: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=36173&sku=400060

The "version 2.0" thing is a nice euphemism :lol

I'd be pissed if they did,paid 2800 for mine :horror, but SS has tons on their plate, and they haven't done anything form original SWS molds since he was alive, don't see it happening.

No, SSC art department couldn't go back but they can move forward. I'd say go for a lifesize full scale Alien Warrior for $5,000 and only limited to 100 Worldwide. Make 50 blue editions and 50 brown editions. Offer a mid size bust of that same models blue and brown for half the price and let the ordering begin. After all HCG offered the classic alien which i've also owned and sold off because i now own the 8th Passenger Alien from MageeFX HCG sold out their entire stock of the classic alien warrior. I sure miss that beast once in awhile.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you for the responses.... I learned my lesson to buy a sideshow piece before they run out :) the second hand market is craaaazy

There's also re-casts of the Aliens Warrior Maquette

Yeah, I noticed a few at Ebay.

And a few days back, One china seller offer to sell me alien queen statue claiming from sideshow.

When I wana reconfirm the order, he say his queen has no number at the base....:slap

Back