Alien prequel from Ridley Scott?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
Yeah, my jaw also dropped to the floor...

https://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6790&Itemid=99

For the link-lazy:

Our very own Robert Sanchez came out of retirement for this one and joined in on the red carpet to ask Fox Co-chairman Tom Rothman a few pointed questions about some upcoming projects including an Alien prequel he's been hearing about.

Rothman said of the possible Aliens film, "There's been some talk. Ridley Scott, Ridley is right now working on Robin Hood, but I think he's toying with the idea and that would be great for us. I mean, it's always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I've got my fingers crossed, all of them."

Interesting, although there's nothing very definite about the whole thing.

As long as it is Ridley Scott behind this, I'm all for it.

But isn't Scott busy developing another sci-fi project after Robin Hood?

Rothman is a liar, and he chose AvP over a Cameron-Scott Alien flick. I doubt this'll happen.

Jeeez, I really hope they do reboot these movies. Go back to the Alien or Aliens style of Alien movie and make the Alien scary again. :)

What could possibly happen in the Prequel... I mean, I suppose it could explore why the alien spaceship crash landed.
Come to think of it, this could be very good indeed.

Sounds cool, I guess it would have to be about the ancient derelict vessel and the infestation... did the company (Wayland) have any kind of involvement.
Alternatively it'd be about the Nostromo crew... i.e no ALIEN and an all new cast of youger actors. Sounds like tougher sell the more I think about it.

However, on a different note, while watching- Terminator TSCC it occured to me, with the right hair style Summer Glau could make a good young Ripley-
SigourneySummer.jpg

And anyone who can do this gets my vote!
jump.jpg

Back