Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, anyone tried the new DLC yet? I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. Specially if it has a single-player story mission or if it all strictly Survivor Mode.

Finished the main campaign today. Overall, it was fantastic. Didn't like the space walk stuff, and felt an extra cutscene or two was needed toward the end.

I had to replay the ending...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I'd be up for a sequel. Or, they were acknowledging Aliens in which Amanda is an old woman at the time of her death.

My biggest gripe with the Ps4 version was the loading screens. Most of the time it was fine, but the part with Marlowe and being on his ship, I could have used a scene or two showing my approach toward his ship. I was playing and suddenly after the loading screen you are simply on his ship! I was like, 'where am I?'

That said, the level of love that went into this was amazing. For a game with a lot of backtracking I sure did not mind. Alien and Androids were scary baddies.....

Speaking of back tracking has anyone went back to around the beginning or any area to find them doors that required an upgraded torch?

Yeah, missed a door which needs a level 3 scanner; of course, it never says that; just says, 'invalid device'

and when I did have it, things were crazy!

I like this game a lot. This atmospherically speaking is what Colonial Marines should've been. Now, can we please get a decent Predator game?

After replaying the second round, there appears to be a ton.

Does anyone remember that one room that's gassed up with poison. And you can't enter without dying. I don't think there's a SEEGSON control console or a computer with a UTIL command to clean out the room.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's just one example; I'm pretty sure these rooms has just ID tags.

If there was such a Pred game, it wouldn't spot you, if you can cover yourself with mud to hide from the infrared sensor :lol. I wouldn't want to play against one either, though... that's like suicide.

Opened this this evening.

Just met the alien... and been killed by him.

Adoring the aesthetic of the game, graphically and sound is amazing. Camera felt a bit floaty at first.

Once you meet the alien I love how low and stealthy it gets.

I keep forgetting to save. So used to modern games that auto save all the time

Back