Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its kinda short but really fun...... overall I thought the game was great. It's without doubt the scariest game I have ever played
I think you're the only person in the world who has called this game short; several reviews docked it for being too long!

The second round of DLC was released today; I ended up buying the season pass so downloading now!

I think you're the only person in the world who has called this game short; several reviews docked it for being too long!

The second round of DLC was released today; I ended up buying the season pass so downloading now!

I think he meant the length of the DLC, not of the game proper...

The graphics and sound of this game continue to impress me, and I really don't feel like the graphics especially got enough praise. I think this is one of the best looking next-gen games out there. The lighting, depth of field, modeling of the environments, its all very cinematic and immersive. I'd call it one of the least video-game looking video games out there.

The graphics and sound of this game continue to impress me, and I really don't feel like the graphics especially got enough praise. I think this is one of the best looking next-gen games out there. The lighting, depth of field, modeling of the environments, its all very cinematic and immersive. I'd call it one of the least video-game looking video games out there.

Agreed.

Right?! I mean there's plenty of other beautiful next-generation games (The Last of Us, GTA V, Unity), but I don't think any others look as realistic as Isolation. Just a couple screengrabs pulled from brbZoning's YouTube video of yesterday's new DLC for example...

trauma01.jpgtrauma02.jpgtrauma03.jpg

+1 Sound is amazing with 7.1 headphones......... very scary at times
Speaking of which, I played the game at family's house last week, experiencing it for the first time without surround sound/headphones, and its nowhere near the same experience. Like, I don't even know how a person could properly play the game if the speakers built into their television was their only source of sound. It was like I'd lost my sense of hearing; I couldn't determine where the alien was in relation to me, nor could I hear the thumping of his footsteps at all (the television speakers couldn't produce that low of a frequency). Not only was the immersion completely ruined, but the game felt unplayable from a strategic standpoint.

Speaking of which, I played the game at family's house last week, experiencing it for the first time without surround sound/headphones, and its nowhere near the same experience. Like, I don't even know how a person could properly play the game if the speakers built into their television was their only source of sound. It was like I'd lost my sense of hearing; I couldn't determine where the alien was in relation to me, nor could I hear the thumping of his footsteps at all (the television speakers couldn't produce that low of a frequency). Not only was the immersion completely ruined, but the game felt unplayable from a strategic standpoint.

yeah thats pretty much how I see it too.... even my TV room has a soundbar and speakers in each corner. It's the only way to go

This is by far the most underrated game of the year, IGN gave it a 5.9 what a joke. It a masterpiece and a must have for any alien fan out there.

How about some sympathy for me guys.. I still have an older TV. :monkey2

I almost don't want to play the damn thing now, seeing I don't have a large paper thin HD monitor & 8.1 up the wazoo. :lol

Ign sucks one of best games i played this year.

true, they are useless and not so subtly biased towards whoever has the most $$$

I give AI a solid 9/10, it loses a point for its underwhelming ending

edit: actually I would say .5 of a point for the ending and settle on a 9.5

Back