ALIEN Collectors Edition Book?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sitting on some Sideshow credit from a previous damaged item and decided to use it towards this.

The sculpt is very detailed. Heavy cover/book. Prolly around 15lbs. The teeth come off about 1.5 inches off the cover which gives it a nice 3D feel.

I'm gonna read through the book tonight. Here are a few pictures of the slipcover via iPhone.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454458794.446964.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454458794.446964.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 168
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454458806.259698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454458806.259698.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 171
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454458814.030129.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454458814.030129.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 166
It's a beautiful book and love the chromed teeth. Still, going for the signed by Ridley Scott Archive. I can't justify this book for this price, unless it was also signed.

Well, I just got this email update from Amazon in regards of The Weyland Yutani Report and it follows:

Hello,

We're unable to fulfill your order for the items listed below because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your original payment method wasn't charged.

Alien: The Weyland Yutani Report

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
It's available now from a different seller but it costs $10.00 more.

Can you tell me which one ? The same thing happened to me today too.

The one Sideshow has with the Alien Cover by Stephani Perry. It's called The Weyland Yutani Report. I re-preordered again but now is $10 more so if between now and the release the price changes, amazon will either reimburse or let me know of the price change if it goes higher.

Amazon.com: Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report (9781608878666): Stephani Danelle Perry, Markus Pansegrau, John R. Mullaney: Books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this beauty last week. As noted, the cover is a work of art, heavy and extremely detailed. The book is terrific - even includes material from Prometheus. Love the inserts. Figured it would make a nice centerpiece to my diorama.

Is the collector's edition worth the $300 + price for the sculpted Alien cover on the front?? I can the regular book on Ebay for $35 and have all the contents of the book minus the cover.

Is the collector's edition worth the $300 + price for the sculpted Alien cover on the front?? I can the regular book on Ebay for $35 and have all the contents of the book minus the cover.

my sentiments as well. May pickup that Alien: The archive book though.....

The price tag is highly subjective. Im a sucker for definitive editions and wanted the aesthetic of the slipcase for display in a larger diorama. But worth $325? Your can make the argument that none of what we buy is worth the exorbitant price tags which seem to grow exponentially year by year. Still, I bought it and don't regret the purchase.

These things are always subjective. I personally buy a book for the content. I'd rather by the book for £20 and put the rest towards a statue to display. And I have, But each to their own.

These things are always subjective. I personally buy a book for the content. I'd rather by the book for £20 and put the rest towards a statue to display. And I have, But each to their own.
Same here.
No way for me to spend extra £300 for the cover! I can get a proper statue out of it.

Seems to be mixed reviews on this, others love it while some seem to hate the lack of "new" content. I was going to pull the trigger at $30, but I may wait.

Back