Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

I'd like to keep the nameplate but I don't think they're going to let me. I'd really just like to get a bust that doesn't make me mad when I look at it :lol at this point the ES for the EX will be 006.

I heard back from SS. They said they'll take back my EX and I can get a regular that will be inspected before shipping. Since mine can only be displayed from the right (and there's still a gap on that side) I'm going to take the chance with a regular. Since I know the beautiful ones exist, maybe I'll get lucky.
How long did it take them to get back to you? I just submitted mine yesterday, so I doubt I'll hear anything back today. I think I would be happy with a partial refund, if I'm offered it...

How long did it take them to get back to you? I just submitted mine yesterday, so I doubt I'll hear anything back today. I think I would be happy with a partial refund, if I'm offered it...

2 days for each email I sent. I thought I'd be ok with a credit at first but the more I thought about the defects/damage the more irritated I got. I don't want to spend $400 on something that can only be displayed from one side with cracks and scuffs.

Soft brush & microfibre cloth.

I specifically requested the dome on my replacement was checked and told all replacements were checked before shipping...

30magld.jpg

I just received a response. I was only offered a $45 credit. Some people were offered $65, right? Perhaps they base it on the degree of damage? I won't respond yet. I want to further inspect it this weekend... I paid full price for mine, since it was a converted waitlist, so I was hoping for more...

Oh - and they do NOT check all replacements. I had William Mendoza (who is a great guy to deal with) PROMISE to check my replacement P2 Savage edition LSB personally. He forgot, and no-one else checked it.

He was the same person I was told to contact.
Multiple voice mails, no response, but the first time, gave up trying after a week.

Why couldnt they slack on a lesser known IP? :D
Why they have to screw up something like Aliens and Preds :(

My wife had a look and just laughed at the teeth. Said our 7 year old could do better.

To think people complained about the teeth on the Warrior.

If you look at some of the SDCC when this was shown, you can see the teeth are horrible. I noticed this once all of the SDCC videos went up. It is proof of zero pride in their product, at the least. Alien is one of my "big four" and I'm sure missing out because the product is ****, sucks. I was lucky to get a good one, but I don't want to pull it out of the box again, in case I find something I missed.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

What's messed up to me is that I was worried about the teeth after seeing what was displayed at SDCC. After seeing the defects/damage from the shipped busts, the teeth aren't a concern to me anymore. I just want one with intact tendons, a clean dome, and no cracks.

Soft brush & microfibre cloth.

I specifically requested the dome on my replacement was checked and told all replacements were checked before shipping...

30magld.jpg

Dude, no, what?! Is that your replacement piece?! This gives me no hope for my replacement bust.

Im still waiting back on them to ship me the replacement, its been about 8 days since I got the email saying they received my return.

Remember that image of all the busts next to eachother in the factory?
I bet that's where many of the issues came from. There's no reason they should've been THAT close together.

In C.c's picture, it looks like the bust was packaged before the paint had time to cure.

I can't believe how many Big Chaps were packaged without some protection to the dome. My base came wrapped in the plastic bag and the dome was covered with a foam sheet. I had styrofoam bitlets all over the piece from the box, but the dome arrived scuff and scratch free.

What's messed up to me is that I was worried about the teeth after seeing what was displayed at SDCC. After seeing the defects/damage from the shipped busts, the teeth aren't a concern to me anymore. I just want one with intact tendons, a clean dome, and no cracks.

Expectations of SS lowers with each release it seems. I would be embarrassed.

I can't believe how many Big Chaps were packaged without some protection to the dome. My base came wrapped in the plastic bag and the dome was covered with a foam sheet. I had styrofoam bitlets all over the piece from the box, but the dome arrived scuff and scratch free.

Mine had just a thin plastic sheet over it, not enough to even cover the whole dome, but enough where I did not get any scratches or scuffs at least.

Received my return label. It's going back monday. I wonder if they will have the nerve to ship it to someone else as a replacement.

My wife had a look and just laughed at the teeth. Said our 7 year old could do better.

To think people complained about the teeth on the Warrior.

Did you end up having to pay import fee's twice Col ? Or did they mark your regular as a replacement ?

I just love the way no one from Sideshow has even bothered to chime in on this thread to try and explain this mess, it's like they don't even care.

Back