Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd choose option "A" as crappie as it is. Try to get your import fees and then look for a Reg local if your still interested in it.
Mine arrived with slight issues that I'll live with and keep it, but the excitement and joy that I usually experience when getting a new piece was completely lost on this one.

Can't believe I defended this company. I apologise for my ignorance.
There's no way I'm keeping this broken scuffed item so my two options are...

A. Get a full refund, leaving me to chase my import fees from the government, and receive zero compensation for missing out on an item I've been looking forward to for over a year.

B. Reorder a Reg to which they will apply a $65 discount. I'm assuming I will have to pay postage and import fees for a second time which would cost me much more than the $65 offered.

Lose lose situation through no fault of my own because a factory decides to produce and pack an item not suitable for display purpose.

They'll be another Big Chap in the future hopefully by a company that cares about their product.. I would just leave it with a full refund.

Mine has still be in transit since last week. Not sure why, and quite honestly I'm not really bothered by it..

If there's anything wrong with mine, I'm sending back for a refund.. I'm happy with my Warrior.. Good enough for now.

A. Get a full refund, leaving me to chase my import fees from the government, and receive zero compensation for missing out on an item I've been looking forward to for over a year.

B. Reorder a Reg to which they will apply a $65 discount. I'm assuming I will have to pay postage and import fees for a second time which would cost me much more than the $65 offered.

Lose lose situation through no fault of my own because a factory decides to produce and pack an item not suitable for display purpose.

You have my sympathies.
Bummer that many are in a catch 22./ "buyer beware" situation.

Considering the end product compared to the prototype and marketing materials, I can't help but think about Aliens Colonial Marines. The curse of the Xenomorphs I guess.
In all honesty, with the amount of defected products being sent out..... Sideshow could be reported to the BBB.

You should definitely have returned that, you could fill it over if you are comfortable doing so and matching the paint etc.

If there had been one more problem with he bust I would have but my dome is sealed perfectly, there's no scuffs on it and my tendons are intact. Looking at this thread I don't think it's likely I would have gotten a head in such good condition. Looking at it dead on you can't see the crack and I have it angled to show off the side without the crack so it's not noticeable unless you look at the back of the bust so it doesn't ruin how I display it which Is why I kept it.

It's too bad the head and base weren't two separate pieces so I could keep the head and have the base replaced.

Thats a poopie place to be! FU sideshow!! :cuss

Finally got a chance to open mine up. QC issues here too, and of course the common broken tendons. Various dome gaps that I think I can fill if I decide to keep and a chipped tooth(just the paint). A couple minor bubbles in the dome, but on the whole it is not as bad as many so far(though I am not done with my final inspection). From few feet away this thing looks amazing, like the size much more than the warrior.

I got the response I expected, a copy/paste message offering a credit or refund as no replacements are available. I'm torn, I've paid $125 in tax that I probably can't get back if I return it. Not to mention I really want this and have done for so long! It looks great from a few feet away next to his little Warrior friend, but close up is a different story as the dome becomes a mess. I am going to have to think it over..

$60, yours isn't even an option given all of the damage, at lest mine is in tact, minus the missing tendon. Should be 50% for that.

I got the response I expected, a copy/paste message offering a credit or refund as no replacements are available. I'm torn, I've paid $125 in tax that I probably can't get back if I return it. Not to mention I really want this and have done for so long! It looks great from a few feet away next to his little Warrior friend, but close up is a different story as the dome becomes a mess. I am going to have to think it over..

Personally I'd choose the refund. I know its hard when its a piece you've set your heart on having from day 1, but if your not happy with the condition its in then its got to go.

Yeah, getting the import fee's back can be a bit of a hassle but this company needs to learn that we won't accept this defected crap they keep sending out.

You shouldn't in theory have to pay anymore import charges as surely this is classed as a replacement. Worth inquiring I guess.

You shouldn't in theory have to pay anymore import charges as surely this is classed as a replacement. Worth inquiring I guess.
I thought that but I was told to order the Reg then forward my order number so they could apply the $65 Credit.
That would be a fresh order incurring postage and import fees, which would be a great deal more than the Credit offered.

Absolute joke and I'm done with Sideshow!

I thought that but I was told to order the Reg then forward my order number so they could apply the $65 Credit.
That would be a fresh order incurring postage and import fees, which would be a great deal more than the Credit offered.

Can't say I blame you Col. They'll have 1 more chance with the Iron Patriot maquette with me, anything wrong with it & its getting refunded.

I do have the big chap on order with CDUK but I'm really not looking forward to it, I know Lee tries his best to send out acceptable pieces but his entire incoming stock could be a mess.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

When they apply the SS credit towards another figure of your choice, do you have to buy it right away or does it remain booked? Also, can you use your reward points to pay for it as well?

So they expect you spend more money for another LSB? Wow, that's brazen. Sideshow should be offering folks the regular as a replacement with a credit on top of it. Can you get a refund and still get a credit to put towards a regular?

Col, do you have any other direct orders currently? You should be able to be sent the reg as a straight swap ($0 value, so no vat) and apply the credit to another order. No way you should be buying again, our tax man will take more than the credit is worth, much more.

Or just ask for the credit amount to be refunded as buying again is not an option for the reasons above.

This is the responce I got...

We have a limited amount of replacements set aside for damaged pieces and we have exhausted our stock for this specific item. We do not want you to keep a piece that you are not fully satisfied with so if you’d like to return this item due to the flaws we completely understand. If you’d would like to do this it would be a full refund and we can get your Rewards Points credited back into your account for you or transferred to another order. Please keep in mind that if you did go with this option you would not be eligible for the $65.00 credit in your account however if you decided to order the regular version of this bust I can honor a $65.00 discount off of this order. You would have the option to apply Rewards Points in addition to the $65.00 discount to this order however I would ask you to confirm this new order number with me right away since the Alien Bust is in stock and would charge and ship right away. If you would like to keep your piece as is I can increases the previously offered credit of $65.00 to $80.00 as compensation.

I've already told them there is no way I'm keeping the P.O.S they sent me.
Full refund... No compensation.

Am I reading it wrong? I take from that the Reg would be a new order liable for a second payment for postage and import taxes.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Col, as awesome as this piece is when 'un-flawed'... I think it may be best to cut your losses with this one! Maybe redeem your 'big chap' bust needs with HCG's version??

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Back