Alfrex Lone Wolf and Cub--one of the coolest figures ever made!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbrad1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pay homage to one of my favorite figures of all time. I love this figure and I just wanted to post a few pics for everyone. If you love this character, this figure is a must to own!!!

Cheers,

Brad

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Thanks for sharing! This is one of my favorite pieces put out by Alfrex. I only wish they put out an Ichikawa Raizo as Nemuri Kyoshirou!!!

Seth Gecko said:
No f'n way!! lone wolf and cub where do i get one?

Unfortunately it's been out of production for a few yrs now. You can prob find him on ebay once in awhile. Not sure of the going rate these days.

going rates are in $800's last time I saw one, which was probably 6 months ago. They rarely pop up. I'm also in the market for the Alfex Samurai seven but my wallet can't take anymore beating :monkey2

TOE said:
going rates are in $800's last time I saw one, which was probably 6 months ago. They rarely pop up. I'm also in the market for the Alfex Samurai seven but my wallet can't take anymore beating :monkey2

D@MN I should sell mine! I know Samurai Seven doesn't go for much more than retail.

Seth Gecko said:
No f'n way!! lone wolf and cub where do i get one?

I got mine off of eBay last year for 225 shipped. For the price that I paid, I feel that he is totally worth it. I would pay more than 300 for it, so if it goes for more than that...I would wait.

Cheers,

Brad

IrishJedi said:
I have the Alfrex Toshiru Mifune "Yojimbo" figure. :rock

Yeah, I have him too!!! It's a great figure too. I love that Alfrex samurai figures, and I would love to get the Seven Samurai someday. Also, the Jubei is a great figure too. The Zatoichi is a great figure too, but I think he is north of 300 bucks if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:

I don't remember Daigoro looking that chunky on the TV show. Also, I also think I prefer the skinnier faced, more haggard looking "Okami"

Wow! Thats amazing! I used to watch the show when I was a kid. I cant seem to find it on Sideshow's site, where can I get this from?

Polystoner said:
I don't remember Daigoro looking that chunky on the TV show. Also, I also think I prefer the skinnier faced, more haggard looking "Okami"

This is the movie version of the Lone Wolf and Cub saga. The DVDs were put out by Animeigo a few years back. The movies were produced in the 1970s. If you haven't seen them, I would recommend them. I haven't seen the series version but from what i understand, the same actor played Ogami Ito. Yeah, it would have been nice for Alfrex to add a bit of scruffiness to the face. This goes for Sanjuro from the Yojimbo movie. However, I don't seem to recall the Ogami Ito was that scruffy looking in the movie but I believe he had a small amount of stubble. The sculpt is dead on though. I mean it is almost 100% on model. The same goes for Daigoro. The cart and sword could use a bit more detail but they are still pretty nice. If the wrists didn't have the exposed screws, I would give this figure a 9.5 out of 10. As is, I give it a 9.0 out of 10.

Cheers,

Brad

tricol said:
Wow! Thats amazing! I used to watch the show when I was a kid. I cant seem to find it on Sideshow's site, where can I get this from?

Alfrex put this figure out about 3 years ago. It is a small company out of Japan that produced samurai figures. They came into some financial difficulty but I still think they are around but who knows for how much longer. This particular figure is out of production and limited to 1500 pieces worldwide. The best place to find him is on eBay or on some action-figure board. He retailed for 250 but I was able to get him for 225 shipped. So if you look hard enough and long enough, I think you can have him for around the same price or possibly even cheaper if you find on based in the US.

Cheers,

Brad

This is a picture of Daigoro that I lifted off of the internet to illustrate that accurateness of the sculpt. Looks pretty good to me!!!

Cheers,

Brad

IMG_0962.jpg

Ogamidaigoro.jpg

Sorry to go all necromancer and bring this back up, but there's no sign of SideShow ever picking up the license, is there?

Back