Alex Krycek On The Way! 15-20 Days Out. Finally!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's great! I love the quality of the costume, with his leather jacket, shoes and socks, belt, etc. The eyes are black by default, and they look nice and creepy. I wasn't sure when I first heard that they would be black all the time, but now that I see him it looks great and sets him apart. I rubbed them and nothing happened, so I pulled out the hair dryer and gave his face a blast, and they changed to "normal." It took a minute or two for them to go back to black. He's a great figure! He's in the closet for now, but once Skinner arrives I just might finally have enough X-Files figures to get them all opened and get a display put together. Bring on the Lone Gunmen, X, Deep Throat, Reyes, and the Well Manicured Man!

The fake hand looks... fake. It is slightly fatter and smooth, without the veins or texture of the normal right hand.

dsc045054kf.jpg

Here's a picture of him with human eyes, although it had already been a minute or so and they have begun to fade out already.

dsc044962gt.jpg

dsc045018ns.jpg

I'm very pleased with how the head sculpt turned out.

Shame about the default.... I was going to get 2 more to make a Modern Corey Raines and Gangster Corey Raines.... not sure if I want to have to repaint the eyes for that :monkey4

You won't. He is sold out and was only limited to one per person. There is only the 500 black eyes Krycek. The regular edition was cancelled.

Krycek arrived today, and I am very pleased. I'm just going to keep hoping that Skinner won't be the last we see out of this line. Even if he is, at least seven great characters came out of it.

Mine will be here Tuesday! After seeing the pics, I'm SO glad I got him! I had ordered him, cancelled him, ordered him, cancelled him. Then thought, what the heck, it might be a pretty cool figure with the black oil eyes, so I ordered him for a THIRD time and said, "That's it, I'm sticking." And it DOES look v. v. cool! Yay! Can't wait to see him 'in person'! :D

I just got my Krycek! The black eyes feature is awesome. I think I actually prefer the black eyes as the default now. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a normal Krycek though, but the black eyes really make him stand out and creepy.

Buttmunch said:
I just got my Krycek! The black eyes feature is awesome. I think I actually prefer the black eyes as the default now. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a normal Krycek though, but the black eyes really make him stand out and creepy.

I agree. I think that having the black eyes all the time makes him stand out from the other figures. Of course, it would look funny posing black eyed Krycek with the S.R. 819 nanobot controller--it wouldn't be screen accurate. But then, I guess it wouldn't be screen accurate anyway unless you gave Krycek a Jesus wig.

I can't even figure out how he is supposed to hold that controller. That thing is huge! I really like the left hand though. Nice touch not even giving it wrist articulation.

Does anyone know the episode the figure's outfit is based on?

Buttmunch said:
Does anyone know the episode the figure's outfit is based on?

Looks like Dead Alive from season eight.

He lost his hand in Tunguska / Terma season four, so it should be after that since the figure has the prosthetic arm.

Season five and I believe six he had a leather jacket, but the collar was larger, much different.

Did he ever have the black oil and the prosthetic hand at the same time? I guess I kind of think of this Krycek as representative of the character throughout the show. Rather than capturing his appearance and accessories from any one specific episode, it throws in a variety of things that go with the character we know and love.

Actually, he was infected with the Black Oil in "Piper Maru" and "Apocrypha" in Season 3 but he didn't lose his arm until "Tunguska" and "Terma" in Season 4, so the figure definitely isn't screen-accurate. I agree, it's more of a representation of Krycek in general than a representation of one single appearance. His hair doesn't match with his appearance with the controller, his eyes don't match the arm, etc.

I thought he still had the black oil after he lost his arm? He was just a jerk and not posesed then? I could have sworn he didn't have that arm. Sideshow should have included a real arm anyways to have both pre-Tunguska and post-Tunguska Krycek. Either way, the arm isn't that noticeable unless you look at it closely. I'm happy with it. I'm thrilled we still at least have Skinner to go. I though Krycek would end the line for the longest time. If Skinner is last, I'd be satisfied, but I'd still love to get a Grey Alien if possible before the end.

Wasn't the reason that the Russians were cutting off their own hands (and Krycek's as well) to avoid being made the subject of further experimentation with the black oil?

I do hope that Skinner is not the last X-Files figure. It looks like he will sell out much faster than Krycek did. That's a good sign!

No, the Black Oil is shown "leaving" Krycek as he's locked in an abandoned silo in "Apocrypha" (remember when he was all puking it out and it was bleeding out of his eyes?) so he definitely didn't have it when he lost his arm in the following season.

The figure definitely isn't accurate to any period of the show but I'm OK with that. I really can't imagine that three different Krycek figures (Black Oil, amputee and Jesus) would sell well but I'll accept the "Krycek's Greatest Hits" figure. It's better than nothing.

Guess I was wrong. I could have sworn he had the black eyes and fake arm. Would it have killed Sideshow to include at other arm? I still think that when the regular was cancelled, a second, normal head should have been incldued. I too am happy with it though. I guess it is a "worst" of Krycek. :lol

Back