Airbrush questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

What do you painter guys use the airbrush for? Just laying out the base flesh or do you airbrush actual highlights etc?

Rahmier84

what type of paint do you use for painting a SSC polystone statue..??? Been wanting to customize for awhile now?????

Oh really? cool! I might borrow the one from work tonight and experiment with it. Any good airbrushing tutorials out there? :)

Oh really? cool! I might borrow the one from work tonight and experiment with it. Any good airbrushing tutorials out there? :)

Not for this hobby tbh, you learn as you go. But pointers, you do things in layers... prime, redness, freckles etc then flesh.

Ok will need some practice. Is it possible to get the same effect as an airbrush with a brush? Just alot more washes and patience? :D

Ok will need some practice. Is it possible to get the same effect as an airbrush with a brush? Just alot more washes and patience? :D

Well using a airbrush you can create shading better. It's all about how thin the paint is, so you can do a fade into. That's why Rahmier uses brushes still for hair and etc.

So I've started painting up a head. Decided to go the brush route first. All was going well, after a few flesh washes I had a nice matt finish. Then a few washes later everything turned glossy?! Whats the best way to eliminate the gloss? Matt varnish?

I don't know if it will help but sealing between each wash might be the way to go. A matt varnish / sealer will also save your work if you create a wash that you don't like, it will simply be a case of washing it off.. I'm going to start learning myself and have picked up tips here and there from some of the great painters on the board. I hope that I can do their information justice !

Back