AH Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its disappointing that DC couldn't have used a metallic finish for the bracelets, chest piece and girdle the way Marvel has on some of their statues. The chrome finish on Vindicator would have had just the right shine for those aspects of Wonder Woman:
vindicator_bust_2.jpg

I think its disappointing that DC couldn't have used a metallic finish for the bracelets, chest piece and girdle the way Marvel has on some of their statues. The chrome finish on Vindicator would have had just the right shine for those aspects of Wonder Woman:
vindicator_bust_2.jpg

I would agree - I really miss that on their 1/4 scale WW PF too. So Darth Saffron, did Adam sanction this and help design it? We going to see more?

I think its disappointing that DC couldn't have used a metallic finish for the bracelets, chest piece and girdle the way Marvel has on some of their statues. The chrome finish on Vindicator would have had just the right shine for those aspects of Wonder Woman

We all know DC hardly ever does the right thing...so we can't expect much from them

So Darth Saffron, did Adam sanction this and help design it? We going to see more?

Seriously, Adam had very little to do with it. It's a series based on his cover art; so they don't have to ask him for designs, they just find covers they like and give them to the sculptor to render into three dimensions. Once its done, they show Adam, who doesn't have a heck of alot of input at that point. On the Wonder Woman, he asked for that metallic finish (which didn't happen) and for her skin to be darkened up (which did).

There are others coming, and they look nice. Sculptor Jack Matthews is doing a decent job of working from Adam's old cover art without needing Adam's input.

This statue would have been a High-end piece if they had done what Adam suggested...

I don't know about that. I think if Adam and DC Direct partnered on this line the way Adam and Sideshow have on the Marvel Babes line, maybe. But for one thing, I have a suspicion these statues are small-ish. Adam has asked three times how tall they are, and three times he has not been replied to. And I agree that the roughness in those close up photos would indicate that these lack the scale of the Sideshow ones, and their detail. Example; Wonder Woman's costume is defined by some lines scraped into the surface of her torso. Looking at the Marvel Babes; their costumes have a dimensional quality; with wrinkles, and bulges (yay for certain bulges :naughty ) and implied seaming.

I think its great that DC is finally doing some Adam Hughes art-based statues. And the sculptor, Jack Matthews, is a talented guy. I just think that the line could benefit from DC Direct and Adam having the kind of relationship that Sideshow and Adam have.

heh; those measurements weren't there when I looked yesterday, because that is exactly the information I was looking for!

Still, 11 inches tall isn't bad!

vindicator_bust_2.jpg
This kind of shiny finish on the bracelets etc would really make the piece POP, it is a stunning piece and being a huge WW and AH fan I will be getting it anyway but they would have really set it off even more with the shiny effect imo.
Although, it does look pretty gorgeous as is. :rock :rock
x :peace

Seriously, Adam had very little to do with it. It's a series based on his cover art; so they don't have to ask him for designs, they just find covers they like and give them to the sculptor to render into three dimensions. Once its done, they show Adam, who doesn't have a heck of alot of input at that point. On the Wonder Woman, he asked for that metallic finish (which didn't happen) and for her skin to be darkened up (which did).

There are others coming, and they look nice. Sculptor Jack Matthews is doing a decent job of working from Adam's old cover art without needing Adam's input.

More Wonder Woman pieces? That would be awesome. I would love a WW line of AH work.

11" isn't bad at all ;) Do you know Allison what other covers they're planning to sculpt? I've read something about Catwoman...do you know which nº or something about it?

11" isn't bad at all ;) Do you know Allison what other covers they're planning to sculpt? I've read something about Catwoman...do you know which nº or something about it?

Where did you read about Catwoman; I'd love a link if you have it.

I know they asked Adam what kind of footwear Catwoman has; the cover they based that one on didn't go all the way to her feet.

Thats a pity. Although a DC female line at this scale would be pretty sweet.

you guys got me seriously thinking about this line. They really can't do that many based on Adam's cover art; he's only drawn a handful of DC Women. There are his Wonder Woman covers, Catwoman covers, and Rose and Thorn covers (which I don't see them doing). Adam did one cover of Ma Kent, (again I don't think they'd do a sculpture) one cover of Lois Lane (seated, so not really sculpture material) and a cover of Powergirl. That PG cover is of her reclining, and they've already let us know its not one they plan on doing. Same goes for the Supergirl on the meteor. So DC may not do that many of these statues based on previously done art by Adam. After-all the line isn't "Adam Hughes' Women of DC" its "Covergirls of the DC Universe".

Back