After 5 months, I finally found time to paint my Rhino statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTRSWfan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, just about. I am 95% done with just minor minor details and touch-ups left to do (I was too tired from 4 1/2 hours of painting to finish up at 3 in the morning, lol).

So, let me know what you think:

rhino004.jpg

rhino005.jpg

rhino006.jpg

rhino007.jpg

rhino008.jpg

Thanks very much guys :)

It was the first time I have sculpted a human body and face. I can't wait to start my next project so I can keep improving my skills.

ah yes thank you for pointing that out... seriously I thought I was immature!!

great effort man.. keep up the good work. the texture is really good.

You weren't immature, or did you mean the other guy in the thread?

Probably a typo. Anyway, yes, with inspiring creative people/artists we need to encourage them. Not mock them. Since this is the guy's first time doing it, I think he did a fairly good job. The paint aps were spot on and as he continues to hone his craft he'll get better.

But if you must absolutely critique someone's work, do it constructively. Again, mockery just makes people lose respect for you.

Jen said:
What happened to Hulk???? :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Someone who had to get a replacement Spider-Man was nice enough to send me the broken one which only had two damaged fingers.

So Hulk is fine :D :D

lol it was sarcasm.

I too support artists to be.. because I'm one too.. I'm all ears for constructive criticism, but I really feel uneasy when it's not.

I was going to say the face needed some work but Then i read its your first human sculpt and i think it looks great! You dont want to see my crap!:lol
But hey practice makes perfect!! Keep it up man!!!!

Quote Ryanfromindiana:
Again, mockery just makes people lose respect for you.

Not true if it's funny and not happening to you.

But in this case it wasn't funny.

Thanks everyone for understanding that is not perfect. I almost took the easy way out and covered the face in webs, but I knew I had to practice sometime.

As for the face color, it is cartoony and bright b/c I am still working on mixing a true flesh color. I realized that this might be the hardest part of painting, lol.

Thanks again for all those who have been positive and sticking up for me. I am sure Bodie was just being Bodie :)

Oh yeah, Rhino has a fugly face anyway :p

Back