Statue Advise needed ... what are the must have ¼ scale Star Wars statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you got the money and contacts... I would wait and see what XM and Iron Studios puts out, it will be a more rare collection then SS with their 7500 Darth Vader's, but if that doesn't matter to you then SS is the cheaper way to go...

If you are only collecting OT Star Wars statues, I highly recommend the Jedi Knight Luke PF. The face sculpt is great, and its one of my favorites in my collection.

Yeah, that one does look great, found one in UK but lightsaber doesn't work, so keeping an eye for another :)

Get Chewie for sure. Can still get him for a decent price and it is one of my favorite pieces period.

I'm not sure about "must have" but some of the more highly regarded pieces include Darth Talon, Emperor Palpatine, Scout Trooper with speeder biker, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Malgus, Asajj Ventress, Shaak Ti, and General Grievous. Unfortunately, all of these are now quite expensive and most of them aren't really iconic SW characters like Luke, Leia, Han, etc.

If you are only collecting OT Star Wars statues, I highly recommend the Jedi Knight Luke PF. The face sculpt is great, and its one of my favorites in my collection.

The pose broke me on that one. The face sculpt was beautiful, but it was one of the absolute worst poses they could have chose for my favorite version of Luke's fatigues. I skipped that one entirely and hope they do more a museum or more iconic pose in the future.

To the OP, You really should base what you get on what pieces you personally enjoy. I've found getting what others say are good later on hold absolutely no sentimental value and you will end up selling them later. Stick to what your gut tells you and collect what you love.

My personal favs are my Biker Scout with Speeder Bike and the Boba PF v2. The Speeder Bike and troopers are my favorite infantry of the original trilogy anyway, but when I saw that on display for the first time previewed at the SS booth at C4 it blew my mind. Thank god they had flex pay. It was one of those "I. MUST. HAVE. THIS."

Still holding out for a SS Admiral Ackbar with trap, but don't think they'll ever make one at this point...

Surprised no one has mentioned the droids yet. I prefer the original non-exclusive release of the pair on the sand base, but it might be easier to get the new versions at this point. And I own and love the Chewbacca, turned out great I think and I'm glad they went with sculpted instead of "fur."

But I would second the sentiment that you should stick to what you like personally in the end. As far as I'm aware here aren't any serious issues with any of the releases (no, I don't see the likeness of Han that some don't like to be all that serious), by that I mean something like the Indiana Jones where leather jackets seemed to peel, or the Lord of the Rings Ringwraith that apparently can develops cracks in the legs. Key is to be patient with the second hand market. Deals do pop up, from time to time.

I am looking into buying a 1/4 Vader. I want to hear your thoughts...which version is the best statue to collect?

I used to own a Mythos Vader, but I sold him because I couldn't stand the orange paint and the arm was not in the right position. It bugged me every day that I decided to get rid of it. Now I really want a 1/4 Vader back in my collection. Been looking around and I just couldn't decide. Please share your thoughts on the ones you own.

dont own any so can't share my thoughts..

besides.. I think you should make your own mind up.. can't expect people to tell you what you should like. Everyone has different taste.. There are only two 1/4 vader available anyway.. the old and the new Sideshow Vader. HT has one in the pipeline what would give you 3 option. There are many youtube videos of the 2 Sideshow Vaders.. I would say watch them and decide for yourself if you like any of those or wait for the HT one.. (what Im doing)

I own both 1/4 scale vaders and prefer the new one more. Neither is perfect, but unless you decide to pair the original with obiwan, I would recommend the new version.

Or as MYC suggested, just wait to see what HT delivers.

I own both 1/4 scale vaders and prefer the new one more. Neither is perfect, but unless you decide to pair the original with obiwan, I would recommend the new version.

Or as MYC suggested, just wait to see what HT delivers.

I totally agree with this, and I have both PFs as well.

I had the first Vader and sold once I heard new one was in the works. Definitely prefer the new one which I received recently. The only good thing about the huge ES on it is there will be deals. Mine was $450 shipped

Thanks for the answers. Of course i do my own research and will decide which one I wanted to collect. I just like to hear other people's opinions. Sometimes there's the flaws you don't see until you have it in hand. That's why I asked.

I think I'll wait for the newer one to be released from Hot Toys.

On Vader, I decided to bite the bullet and POd the XM Vader, it's a 3 statue setup, also PO the XM Luke and yoda and XM boba Fett

On Vader, I decided to bite the bullet and POd the XM Vader, it's a 3 statue setup, also PO the XM Luke and yoda and XM boba Fett

congrats, now i am looking to offload mine.:rotfl
did you try to PO grievous?

I am looking into buying a 1/4 Vader. I want to hear your thoughts...which version is the best statue to collect?

I used to own a Mythos Vader, but I sold him because I couldn't stand the orange paint and the arm was not in the right position. It bugged me every day that I decided to get rid of it. Now I really want a 1/4 Vader back in my collection. Been looking around and I just couldn't decide. Please share your thoughts on the ones you own.

I own all three from Sideshow(Mythos, Vader EP4 and Vader Ep6)...and even though the Mythos is my favorite I do understand why you preferred to sell it, I change the color of the base and now it looks terrific...But I will have to say Vader Ep6 is a much better looking piece than the first one...So there.

Back