Advice on some PF's I've been looking at.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikecast

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all, looking to get another Star Wars Premium format (I currently own the Anakin PF and the Tusken Raider PF) figure and I'm stuck for which of the older ones to buy! I'm really struggling to find in hand pics. I'm considering the Luke Skywalker PF (A new hope), Han Solo and Ben Kenobi. I've been looking on ebay and can get the Han and Luke at £125 each or around £200 for Ben Kenobi. Does anyone own these that could advise me which is the best one to go for? Also some pics in hand would be great! Thanks guys! :chew

I'll state first off that I haven't seen the Han or Luke PFs in person, but I just don't care for them. I would have bought them no question if they had been done better, but as it is I don't even want to buy them for less than half the original price. To me the likeness seem off and the poses are weird. What's with Luke's long alien fingers? Ben Kenobi is very nice though.

Do a search here and you can find some in-hand pics of all of these, although it's been a while so some of the pictures no longer show up.

I had them all at one point plus the Luke / Yoda Dagobah.The only one I kept was Kenobi.Where are you based as Modelzone in The Trafford Centre Manchester has Kenobi for £150 at the minute!May be worth checking you local branch.I am hunting for Anakin Ex at the minute and may order the tusken this week still undecided on it due to the size.

This is from my "show your shelves" thread:
Hope it Helps!

This next picture is very special to me. As most will recognize, it is the Luke Skywalker Premium Format. But if there are any Star Wars geeks out there, they will also recognize that the puzzle framed beside it depicting Luke on Tatooine is an Original 1977 Series 1, Picture 1, Kenner Star Wars puzzle. Before Star Wars created the action figure craze, puzzles were a popular choice for merchandising movie items for kids. This puzzle was brutally tough to put together as all the colors are pretty much the same, but I think overall, this display depicts a pivotal moment in the Star Wars Saga, as well as one of the first Star Wars pieces of merchandise ever produced. There we are…a sort of history lesson on collecting hehehe

I'll state first off that I haven't seen the Han or Luke PFs in person, but I just don't care for them. I would have bought them no question if they had been done better, but as it is I don't even want to buy them for less than half the original price. To me the likeness seem off and the poses are weird. What's with Luke's long alien fingers? Ben Kenobi is very nice though.

Do a search here and you can find some in-hand pics of all of these, although it's been a while so some of the pictures no longer show up.

I agree to a point. The Han is def. forgettable. The Luke has some charm in person though. This is my ONLY PF i curently own but believe me when I say it displays well. The sculpt is not perfect but it is clean and sort of depicts a key moment for me int eh Star Wars Saga. The Ben Kenobi deff. takes top honors though.

I don't own any of these, but from pics that I've seen the Obi-Wan definitely wins in the likeness department. Good luck with your decision! :D

i got the Luke pf about 2 weeks ago from ebay at $135.00 and its pretty good considering the price. the likeness is a "bit" off but nothing that bothers me. get the boba fett pf dude!

2114800230_5601e29784_o.jpg

2123334785_eb6ce222b2_o.jpg

2114022573_43f8668353_o.jpg

I had them all at one point plus the Luke / Yoda Dagobah.The only one I kept was Kenobi.Where are you based as Modelzone in The Trafford Centre Manchester has Kenobi for £150 at the minute!May be worth checking you local branch.I am hunting for Anakin Ex at the minute and may order the tusken this week still undecided on it due to the size.

Hey, I live near Middlesbrough mate, are you in manchester? If so if you could get me it I could pay you for it, I take it that it's brand new?

The older ones look great, but because you can't display them together like a group shot, I passed on them all.

The ones I do think look great and stand alone just fine are Boba Fett and Asajj Ventress. Would have kept Boba if I had known they would make Slave Leia, but still have Ventress Exclusive. She is the best.

I owned exclusives for all three of the ones you mentioned. In fact, I had every Star Wars Exclusive PF until Leia. When Leia came out, I guess I realized how good a PF could be, so I sold them all except Leia. :horror

Luke and Han had their problems, but I thought that the tailoring and "accessories" were pretty good if you could overlook the face portrait (I couldn't). Ben had a great facial portrait, but since I sold Darth Vader (didn't like the pose after I saw an Attakus Vader I) I decided to let Ben go also. Plus I'm not a big fan of the glowing sabers.

I would say the pictures are pretty accurate to what you will get for these three PFs. I like the Han Exclusive for the medal.

Actually, I really wish Andy Bergholz could work on some PFs... :monkey2

I believe he did Luke, Han, and Leia...

He did, and I personally like them all - with Luke being the weakest.

Han really never bothered me; though I do see some of the complaints with the portrait.

Out of the three I think Luke is the best stand-alone option, but Obi is the best when paired with Vader. :cool:

Hi guys ended up going to see the obi wan in manchester however it was damaged and didn't light up, the sculp looked great. I ended up getting a Han PF from the same shop for £120 in perfect condition which imo has a good paint job! Will post pics later but I would still love to get an obi wan as the sculpt looked amazing.

Photoshopped..and for my money...Boba is the best..the helmet paint is not right but still great sculpt.

Back