Advice on kit bashing Reeves Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fitted the cape and now waiting for news of the head sculpt

35030379331_6ca8825746_c.jpg
34352815324_03301c95d2_z.jpg

Wow he looks great!!!

thanks pal ,yeah really looking forward to getting him finished

anyone get their june 30 batch in yet
i missed out and got bumped to end of july

so if so please post pictures and thoughts
cheers

I ordered this one but also asked to held shipping as i also want the suit and all. From the photos it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Here is one of the photos shown in local Toycon a few days ago.
f22551d5c9876f9873abacb9165c8e20.jpg

Is this Unleashedviper custom? I am on the June list for the head, were can I get on the list for the full figure? I have to have it.

Here is one of the photos shown in local Toycon a few days ago.
f22551d5c9876f9873abacb9165c8e20.jpg

hey thanks for posting this ,looks good enough but the costume inaccuracies kill it for me ,from the recast chris reeve boots ,to the single breasted suit for clark kent ,the side show larry talbot has the perfect suit albeit in off white rather than grey and the man of steel jor el boots are a better match for the george suit lol

i know im being overly critical but its the little details that put this at the moe's productions level rather than hot toys adam west 60s batman level for me

super glad i ordered the head though ,bit concerning you've not had shipping confirmed yet especially for me as i'm stuck in the next batch lol

congrats mate ,did you go regular mail or ems ,
i look forward to seeing your in hand pictures

by the way how did your flash turn out
never did see the results of your fix
if you gave up on it id be interested in buying it from you ,lmk cheers

congrats mate ,did you go regular mail or ems ,
i look forward to seeing your in hand pictures

by the way how did your flash turn out
never did see the results of your fix
if you gave up on it id be interested in buying it from you ,lmk cheers

Thank you!:)

I chose regular mail, so it's not here yet!

My Flash, well, I'm having trouble with him. To make the suit cling to the body, at the time, I used some dullcoat on the fabric. I knew it would stiffen it but I was fine with that. Trouble is, it seeped into the right arm articulation and stuck it. Last week, I got a fantastic head from a fellow member and trying it on him, I also tried to free the elbow. And bang! It broke clean under the suit.

So now, I have to try and unsew the arm to make a repair of some sort. But with the job, I can't seem to find the time...:(

By the way, I liked your suit so much that I went this route too and ordered a captain action soon just after I saw your post!:lol

Last edited:
ah well ill look forward to seeing yours when it arrives ,
yeah i think the cap action suit is a great option ,well made and cheap
does yours have the logo ,lighter fuel removes it great
how much did it cost you ,mine was around $15 i think :yess:

too bad about the flash it sounds a nightmare ,would it be worth removing the full suit and body swapping rather than try to expose the broken joint for repair
im taking it that the suit is sewn on in some way ie no zips or fasteners

good luck with it im sure you'll win out in the end :)

Is this Unleashedviper custom? I am on the June list for the head, were can I get on the list for the full figure? I have to have it.
Yes the photos are feom them. Message them directly for the full figure. These are prototypes to show the head. Im sure they will adjust the suit to be more accurate. According to the page they will show updated one at the end of the week.

ah well ill look forward to seeing yours when it arrives ,
yeah i think the cap action suit is a great option ,well made and cheap
does yours have the logo ,lighter fuel removes it great
how much did it cost you ,mine was around $15 i think :yess:

too bad about the flash it sounds a nightmare ,would it be worth removing the full suit and body swapping rather than try to expose the broken joint for repair
im taking it that the suit is sewn on in some way ie no zips or fasteners

good luck with it im sure you'll win out in the end :)

Yep, it's fitted to the body, real tight and hardened by the dull coat, so no way of removing it as it's adhered to the body. I think it's just the pin that's broken so when I have time, I'll try practicing doll surgery :lol

Well, my suit is in a little worse shape than yours with a stain on the leg that I can hopefully wash away, and it cost me double your price! So you were lucky. If I can't salvage it, I'll make my own or see what unleashed offers. Btw, got my tracking number. ETA, two or three weeks from now...

sounds tricky ,but good luck ,i hope surgery goes well and a speedy recovery :lol

hope the stain isnt too much of a problem ,and it works out ok ,super excited to see these heads in hand ,hope you get yours soon

what you going to usefor boots

i messed up a jor el ppar with too short of footpegs almost split the tops of the boot should be salvageable with a trim and a bit of paint :pray:,but bought a extra pair just in case ,or for a kirk ayln if someone sculpts a head :lol

35718189176_a65d3b8149_z.jpg
35371236180_dc5835d0f1_z.jpg

I really don't know yet what I'm gonna use for the boots. I don't think I'll use Jor El boots because of the texture. IIRC, Reeves had suede boots. I'm not sure since I haven't had time to check my DVDs and I can't seem to find a good picture online. I'll probably make some or transform existing boots. Maybe I can find some red car flock to cover existing boots. Don't know yet. For the moment, I haven't even chosen the body as I want one with a neck, but I'm not sure what to use until I see the flesh tone used on the hs, so everything in its own time I guess!:lol

Hey, could you please post a picture of the S logo you used? Yours seem perfect!

yeah your right about the boots they were suede ,im pretty sure the fabric cover of the jor el boots can be removed leaving a smooth rubber surface ,much like the man of steel boots are covered
they are the correct shape and size well more or less :lol

maybe worth considering flocking them ,

heres the picture i hope you can use it if not lmk and ill have another go
34919750234_4bb227aedd_c.jpg

Looks great 16k. I like the slim look, it's closer to his iconic look.

One thing I've noticed is most people are pulling the cape tight against the back of his neck. Reeves' cape had a gap visible on his back.

eNrMYbi.jpg

ONZMCEp.jpg

1etH4pG.jpg

lVufV5j.jpg

This one has a gap!

Unleashed Viper made a terrific job of it, much better than my crappy phone pics can show.

I asked him if he intended to make Dean Cain and Kirk Alyn, and he said it would be announced pretty soon!:)

Back