Advice on gloss paint...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uzumaki_1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got some hot toys figures and wanted to put some glaze in the eyes can anyone advise on any products I can use that will put a gloss finish in the eyes without ruining the figure ? Also I live in the UK so any suggestions from walmart or any other superstores will be useless to me....thanks in advance !!!

Gloss clear and a fine brush is all you need. I would think any uk craft store brick or online would have it.

i think revel do small square pots of waterbased paint which i have always been a fan of, for about £1.50. The Clear however i found to be misty, almost white, so i would avoid this (or maybe it just needs really excessive sturing). You can always just spray a can of laquer into a pot and brush that on, though it may dry in your brush if you are taking a long time, just bear in mind that water based and oil based paints will react if mixed, so either find a laquer that matches what you are using, or wait until the bottom coat if thouroughly dry before painting over it.
Good luck!

Hi there,

I've got some hot toys figures and wanted to put some glaze in the eyes can anyone advise on any products I can use that will put a gloss finish in the eyes without ruining the figure ? Also I live in the UK so any suggestions from walmart or any other superstores will be useless to me....thanks in advance !!!

Go to a Games Workshop and get some " 'Ardcoat ". It's a gloss varnish you can paint on.

i think revel do small square pots of waterbased paint which i have always been a fan of, for about £1.50. The Clear however i found to be misty, almost white, so i would avoid this (or maybe it just needs really excessive sturing). You can always just spray a can of laquer into a pot and brush that on, though it may dry in your brush if you are taking a long time, just bear in mind that water based and oil based paints will react if mixed, so either find a laquer that matches what you are using, or wait until the bottom coat if thouroughly dry before painting over it.
Good luck!

Is this the one your on about: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REVELL-AQUA-CLEAR-GLOSS_W0QQitemZ200232334785QQcmdZViewItem

Back