Advice for 12" figs please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anubis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally want to add some Star Wars figs to my 12" collection, but i'm limiting myself to 3 figs from each franchise (LOTR/Indy etc.). As a newbie to Star Wars 12", I have no knowledge of the quality of different pieces. :confused: So basically i'm asking for opinions as much as advice.

Which 3 12" figs do you think I should get to represent Star Wars? Ideally I would love for Vader to be one of them, as I think he represents the series best, but i'm open to suggestions :D Also, I would like the figs to go together, so for example: Han/Luke/Leia, or Vader and 2 Stormtroopers. Rather than mis-matched characters if you know what I mean. :eek:

Anyway any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :duff

I would say track down Old Ben Kenobi and then get the new Vader coming out and display them clashing, i would say pretty much any of the Sideshow Jedi figures are pretty good except Ayla Secura.

If!..you decide to get a armored figure..get the Utapau Clone or the Shocktrooper coming..don't waste your time on the Stormtrooper unless you feel you can mod it like myself and others have to get it to look much better then it initially comes as..and you will run the risk of paint wear on the hands with the Stormie, though you can get replacements but, who needs a negative experience with their first 1/6th SS Star Wars.

Last edited:
Dang, limited to 3 figures for the whole franchise. Why bother with Star Wars then? If you have to though, I'd go with Vader and Old Ben and maybe a Stormtrooper.

There are lots of very good figures, and some pretty bad ones, but so far the armored figures are turning out well.

limiting to 3???..........i couldnt.......i would say 6 at the least......luke, leia, han, ben, vader, stormtrooper.............and for the 7th..:chew....:monkey2 (when & if).......

3????........thats just crazy talk....:lol

3 and only 3? Hmm. I'd do Vader and Obi-Wan...but not sure with 3rd to add to that to make 1 scene. I don't necessarily recommend the ANH Luke. Maybe wait a little to see what comes later?

You should be getting figures that you like, not what people say you should like. You will enjoy them much more.

If I was hard pressed to choose three I'd say Vader and Obi-Wan are no brainers. For the third I would go Stormtrooper.

don't waste your time on the Stormtrooper unless you feel you can mod it like myself and others have to get it to look much better then it initially comes as..and you will run the risk of paint wear on the hands with the Stormie, though you can get replacements but, who needs a negative experience with their first 1/6th SS Star Wars.

Valfar mentions this a few posts above but to be honest the mods take just a few minutes. Also, I've had no issues with the paint aps on the hands.

To me the Stormtrooper is iconic. The Clones look to be very well made but I think there's a world of difference between the two. Should someone look at your collection they will recognize the Stormtrooper. The Clones? Not so much.

For Star Wars it's hard to go with just three... Good luck!

i think he's asking for a general consensus on "quality" not so much your favorite character.

Maybe Vader, with Luke and Han in Action poses flanking him kinda like a Movie poster.... but seriously SW can't be represented by just 3. I' personally go (Old ben, Vader) (ESB Luke,Vader) (Vader & 2 stormies) or (Vader, Emeperor, Royal Guard) if I was that restricted though..... Go for the characters you like though, it will mean more to you.

I think all of the "New Hope" figures are a must. And if you had to narrow it down to three go Luke, Old Ben and Vader.

Just three is really tough. Four would round it out better but if I were limited to three figures to represent SW I'd go with either:

1) ANH Ben, ANH Luke and Vader or
2 )ANH Luke, ANH Han,ANH Leia or
3) Vader, Stormie, Jedi Knight Luke

Leia being dead last in the quality department of those mentioned and Ben being the best. ANH Han is really nice with a repaint, ANH Luke is nice too with some futzing and Jedi look is fine as is.

Vader looks to be really good too.

Get your favorites and for me it would be
Vader
Jedi Luke
Ben
Ya know Ive thought about doing something similiar lately but I couldnt just get 3. I think my plans call for about 30-SW 1/6th :D

In all seriousness its cool and Im sure only having a few figs from each line will look classy.

Last edited:
You really CAN'T Do just three from Star wars, BUT you could possilby do 2 per film, and have 6 total.
Another idea is to just get ones that are ICONIC. How about 4 figures.

Old Ben and Vader are a MUST

And to go with them, How about Luke and Han Stormtrooper versions?

You should be getting figures that you like, not what people say you should like. You will enjoy them much more.

:lol:lol I knew i'd get this comment

Normally I very much agree with you, it's just I really don't have any preferences, other than Vader.

i think he's asking for a general consensus on "quality" not so much your favorite character.

:lecture Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but yeah I am looking for views on quality as well.

Basically I don't have a lot of space at all, hence the limiting to 3 pieces. I think that from feedback Old Ben is a must to go with Vader, and I think i'll probably go with a Luke as well. Just got to decide if I want a 'ANH' layout with ANH Luke, or a '3 Jedi' layout with Jedi Luke and the other 2.

Anyway thanks for the input guys :)

Not a SW fan here....So this is my advice just as a witness of this line.Heres the 3 figures I would buy:

1- Vader
2- A stormtrooper
3- Old Ben

Anything else is crap IMO.

Not a SW fan here....So this is my advice just as a witness of this line.Heres the 3 figures I would buy:

1- Vader
2- A stormtrooper
3- Old Ben

Anything else is crap IMO.

Thanks mate. It's nice to have a non-fan's advice as well. Like I said before, Vader and Old Ben are a must for me now. Just have to decide the third figure :banghead

With the other franchises it seems to be a lot easier to pick just 3 characters. Star Wars has too many characters! :lol

Back