Adjusting Detolf Shelf Heights... (Batman Cowl)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dntfeedthemnkys

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently ordered the Noble Collection 1:1 Dark Knight Cowl and want to position it optimally within my detolf. It looks like I will need to adjust the shelf height to do this.

I had a search of the forums (and generally online) and found some older posts discussing custom solutions, I even found some plastic printed adjustment stands on eBay (with a design that looks like it originated on these boards).

What I was hoping to find out was if there was a commonly-agreed method for adjusting heights, where the end result is both aesthetically pleasing and, more importantly, reliable.

Also, has anyone else got a bat-cowl displayed in their detolf? If so, how did you go about it?

I found some 3D printed clips for adjusting Detolf shelf heights on eBay out of the UK. Might even be from a boardie here? Looks like a design there was some discussion about in an older thread.

Should work out a treat - will post pics when done.

U-bolts are the most common method, but I personally don't like the way they look.

I use sliding window locking clamps with "L" brackets attached. I "borrowed" the idea from someone else. Here's the original post Adjustable Detolf shelves pics

It is more expensive than using the U bolts, but is much more stable and looks much better in my opinion. You can get the parts at Home Depot or Lowes.

Here's how they look:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449453659.284871.jpg

Those look like a pretty good solution. Low profile and appear to be strong. I would definitely consider these.

oh wow that is awesome and much needed...... esp for some of my lighter stuff, thank you!

Back