adam hughes SW sketch-celebration europe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam, is there any female character out there you CAN'T turn into a goddess?

(Cue Adam's sketch of Yarna D'al Gargan.)

Seriously, though, would it be at all possible to create a lineup of EU SW chicks based on your designs for Sideshow, you know, once the Marvel Comiquette line runs its course? I can't see how that wouldn't be a perfect bullseye with the collecting community.

It was a learning experience. We'd probably go if they did it again, we'd just do it differently.

I can put you up on my sofa next time! :cool:

It is expensive over here. Just think how much more it costs for us to buy things... like statues! :monkey2

But when you're an addict, money isn't a problem... :cool:

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Hi Allison and Adam! It was great to meet you guys in London! I hope to see you bothy again!

Allison, thanks again for the print and the Yoda Remarque! It is beautiful and I cannot wait to get your Leia print from the SWShop!
....Speaking of which, will you guys be selling your remaing prints from CE to the SW Shop????

I also have to ask you a private question Allison....what is the best way to contact you? Via e-mail or PM from here or Rebelscum?

Thanks again, you two!
The entire Artists Alley was the most Incredible experience for me at CE!....Just incredible! You are all so talented and also some of the nicest people I have met! Thanks!

~Chris (aka- Sir Tristram)

Hi Allison and Adam! It was great to meet you guys in London! I hope to see you bothy again!

Allison, thanks again for the print and the Yoda Remarque! It is beautiful and I cannot wait to get your Leia print from the SWShop!
....Speaking of which, will you guys be selling your remaing prints from CE to the SW Shop????

I also have to ask you a private question Allison....what is the best way to contact you? Via e-mail or PM from here or Rebelscum?

Thanks again, you two!
The entire Artists Alley was the most Incredible experience for me at CE!....Just incredible! You are all so talented and also some of the nicest people I have met! Thanks!

~Chris (aka- Sir Tristram)

Our selling to Star Wars Shop depends on a few things. First? They have to want them. Second, they have to get back from London in selling condition; the Shop is VERY particular about that. No "soft" corners, dings, dents, etc in the art. Adam sold quite alot of his in London, while I have a good deal of mine left. So we'll have to see what happens.

You can PM me or drop me an email at [email protected]

One thing I've read in the news was the dollar's weaker than the pound (and euro) of late. So, adding insult to injury from the purchasing power of the dollar made this CE trip that much more painful, I'm sure.

That's okay, Adam and Allison. When you get to SDCC, you can rest assured this whole CE experience will be put behind easily. See you both at SDCC.

One thing I've read in the news was the dollar's weaker than the pound (and euro) of late. So, adding insult to injury from the purchasing power of the dollar made this CE trip that much more painful, I'm sure.

That's okay, Adam and Allison. When you get to SDCC, you can rest assured this whole CE experience will be put behind easily. See you both at SDCC.

We aren't worried about it. Truthfully, all the fans I talked to had an AMAZING time, and thats what its really about, isn't it?

Sorry I am late.. I have been sleeping for two days..lol

I gotta chime in with Adam and Allison. While it may not have worked out on Artists end..it was a good time. The fans looked like kids on Christmas morning. They had a blast!

I gotta give a BIG thanks to Mark!! You were a tremendous help on Jet Lag Day! I couldn't have done it without you.

Like Allison alluded to..Star Wars shop is up in the air until the prints arrive home..hopefully safe and sound and in one piece.(With my luck they will send mine to TSA never to be heard form again)

See all of you folks out in San Diego!

Adam,
Do you mean your compatriots had a loss at CE?

I hope the UK experience was at least worth it for everyone involved.
-theropod

Well, it may have been EMOTIONALLY worth it.... but a financial bust for a lot of folks.

Yeah, a lot of folks in the Art Show didn't have good sales.

The reason? I think it's because the majority of fans didn'y KNOW WHAT THE ART SHOW WAS.

Apparently, there aren't a lot of conventions like this in the UK. In Canada and the US, everyone knows what to expect from an artist's alley. We believe that 99% of the attending fans weren't informed what the Art Show was about. Does that sound odd? I guess we all assume that everyone automatically KNOWS the difference between an art show artist and a vendor (most folks didn't know we were all there because we draw STAR WARS-related art). And knows the difference between a poster and a high-end print/litho. AND knows that we cannot sell the print after the show, from our websites.

The only reason I sold more than half my print run was because we had our friend Bass helping run our tables. He took the time to educate each and every person who came up to our tables about what exactly the Art SHow was, and what we were selling.

Imagine if you went to a brand-new restaurant, but there was no menu. The people running the restaurant assume you know what they serve, because everyone knows in all the other restaurants what to order. And then they wonder why no one ordered any dessert; it's because no one KNOWS they have any dessert to sell.

We'll know better next time, if there's a next time.

-AH!

Thanks for taking the time to explain about the print costs. Heaven knows you could have made a mint selling them on ebay. I don't think anyone here begrudges the extra cost. I know I don't, I just feel lucky to have had a second chance at it and thanks to fellow Freak Mark for going out of his way to pick them up for us.

Yeah, I think all the cats & catesses here are in the Know. And we appreciate that, we really do. I could've sold my C4 print for $50 more than what I was charging, or raised my price as the first day wore and and I realized I was gonna sell out. But I didn't, because I'm a fan as well, and my price reflected my C4 costs, my lost work time, and some profit, but I felt there was no need to be greedy at the fans' expense.

And my thanks as well to the folks who grab prints for fans who cannot attend; that is 'above & beyond'-class friendliness.

-AH!

Adam, is there any female character out there you CAN'T turn into a goddess?

(Cue Adam's sketch of Yarna D'al Gargan.)

Seriously, though, would it be at all possible to create a lineup of EU SW chicks based on your designs for Sideshow, you know, once the Marvel Comiquette line runs its course? I can't see how that wouldn't be a perfect bullseye with the collecting community.

I'd love to be involved in that. Who do we have to bribe?

As for 'any female character'... when I was part of UPPER DECKS failed high-end MARVEL print fiasco last year, one of the ones I wanted DEARLY to do was Peter Parker's Aunt May..... I had a great idea for making her hot....

-AH!

Yeah, if I have to, I'll do it just for myself, and then run it by the folks at Lucasfilm and see if they want to sell it.

-AH!

If its a similarly themed print of Padme and the "execution" in the Geonosis Arena put me down for one.

As for 'any female character'... when I was part of UPPER DECKS failed high-end MARVEL print fiasco last year, one of the ones I wanted DEARLY to do was Peter Parker's Aunt May..... I had a great idea for making her hot....

Whoa . .. that would be the real challenge to do! If there's one person in comic that's hard to picture as hot, Aunt May is the epitome!

Reminds me of the fact that comics, like movies, didn't start out with portrayals of common folk. The appeal was to make them what looked hot at the time. I guess it wouldn't be much of an escape if they looked like the regular Joe or Jane, eh?

Ehh, now you have to go and mention Arena Padmé, Austin... That's more bribes right there.

Still, I'm overjoyed you're up for it, Adam! As Lucasfilm seems perfectly willing to let the SW characters be turned into animaquettes and silly things, I can't imagine why they wouldn't be game for a bit of hotness on the other side of the spectrum. Honestly!

As for the Aunt May... oboy, GMILF alert!

Back