Adam Hughes Leia print to be rereleased

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shropt

My Little Mod
Reaction score
Horrible day to post this news but it is NOT an April Fools joke.

I met Adam Hughes at Megacon this year and asked him about his Leia print that was available at the last Star Wars Celebration. He said that he had no extra prints because they were limited through ACME.

So today I called ACME to see if they had any way of getting me a print. Their response was this print will be available again at the end of this year through Starwarshop.com and that the print will be a different size (most likely larger)

So anyone who doesn't want to pay the ridiculous ebay prices should hold off a few more months!!

This is awesome news!!

nouveau_leia_web.jpg

This doesn't sound right.

If you would have told me that they were releasing the supposed companion "Snow Padme" that never got done I may believe it more.

Not calling you a liar. They told you what they told you.

This has to be an April Fools Day Joke.

Adam has not talked to ACME about re-issuing this artwork. And seeing as we are the only ones that possess the original digital file, they'd have hard time reproducing it without our consent. Additionally; it defeats the "limited edition" of the numbered print, if you can go ahead and print as many more of them as one would like, at a later date.

So sorry guys; Ebay is going to be one of your only sources for this lovely piece.

leiaframede7.jpg

~Allison

The person at ACME may have been confused about which Leia print they were putting out. I just got their newsletter and the have a Slave Leia print by Tsuneo Sanda on sale April 7th.

Lovely_Leia.jpg

I suppose the confusion is possible. But I'm going to maintain that this is an April Fools joke as the original poster said that Adam told him at Mega Con ( held in Orlando last month) that ACME was going to have it. And Adam would not have said anything like that.

Hey, I'm just repeating what the guy at ACME told me. I clearly said the Adam Hughes print from Celebration and he (without even hesitating) said that they are rereleasing the print through Starwarsshop.com.

Sucks to here from Saffron that this isn't true but that's what the guy at ACME told me.

Man, I want this print so bad.

EDIT: He also even told me that the original sale was done through Adam Hughes and they weren't officially sold through ACME.

Perhaps someone should call ACME back and point out their mistake, so they don't keep telling folks the wrong information? I know an ACME rep posts regularly over at Rebelscum.com. Maybe I'll send him a link to this thread so he knows of the error.

Bummer, that would have been nice to get one.

Oh well... guess limited should still mean limited :lol

Actually, he said Adam said no, but he called ACME and they said yes.
I see that now, re-reading the original post. My bad; sorry Shropt! I'll bet its all just some confusion. I'd say look forward to Adam doing another piece at whatever the next Celebrations is going to be. And if you cannot make it, make friends NOW who can help get you one! :D

And who knows; there's always the possibility of Adam and ACME striking a deal in the future! Thanks for being such avid fans of Adam's work, everyone!!!

I see that now, re-reading the original post. My bad; sorry Shropt! I'll bet its all just some confusion. I'd say look forward to Adam doing another piece at whatever the next Celebrations is going to be. And if you cannot make it, make friends NOW who can help get you one! :D

And who knows; there's always the possibility of Adam and ACME striking a deal in the future! Thanks for being such avid fans of Adam's work, everyone!!!

Not a problem.

Please check up on this. The guy I talked to on the phone definately knew what he was talking about and what I was talking about.

Get to the bottom of this, I need one of these babies!!

Back