Actor and comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow....what is worse is that I read on another gossip site about his hospitalization for pneumonia making fun of him for going in. They said something like "Bernie Mac Dying...Not Really" or something along those lines. People forget how scary pneumonia really is, my dad had a really serious case a few years back and he was hospitalized for almost two weeks.

He'll be missed. I just watched the Bernie Mac show last night too..

He didn't just have pneumonia. He had a preexisting condition with his lungs that made him more susceptible to succumbing to pneumonia.

This is from msnbc.com:

Mac suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized and treated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to the disease.

Lee: 'Film Will Be A Tribute To Mac & Hayes'
posted by Jay Cocrock in Movies at 04:15 PM on 2008.08.12
ShareThis

Source: WENN

Director MALCOLM LEE is re-editing his new movie SOUL MEN in a bid to honour his late stars BERNIE MAC and ISAAC HAYES, who both died at the weekend (09-10Aug08).

Lee, the cousin of moviemaker Spike Lee, insists he won't be making huge changes to the completed film or altering its release dates, but he is keen to pay a fitting tribute to his stars.

He says, "This isn't like (Batman film) Dark Knight, where Heath Ledger died while editing was in its infancy; most of our editing is done. "We'll go back and see if there is anything we can do better... I want my movie to be a tribute to both of them."

Funnyman Mac died on Saturday (09Aug08) from complications relating to pneumonia; Hayes died a day later (10Aug08) after collapsing at his home in Memphis, Tennessee.

Back