Action Point (the return of Johnny Knoxville)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crows

Super Freak
Reaction score

Action Point is loosely inspired on the now defunct Action Park in Vernon, NJ that first opened in 1979, which was notorious for poorly designed, unsafe rides; in addition to employing under-aged, under-trained, and often under-the-influence staff.

The park was considered by many to be one of the most dangerous theme parks in the United States. At least six people are known to have died as a result of incidents that occurred within the original park.

The park closed in 1996 and later reopened, under new ownership, as Mountain Creek. After yet another ownership change, the park briefly changed its name back to Action Park for the 2014 and 2015 seasons before reverting back to Mountain Creek in 2016, in order to disassociate itself from the former park's infamous reputation

MV5BMjEyMTU5MTk1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzIzMzczNTM@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

the original park apparently had a parking section for ambulances only because they were called so often, sometimes 5 times a day

haha - I went to Action Park as a kid. Had no idea this was coming out. Love the poster - has an 80s Revenge of the Nerds/Police Academy/Ski School feel to it.

I was hoping someone in here went to that park lol

Did you get hurt?

no, but i remember always hearing about people getting hurt there. I think I heard that someone got their back sliced up on a waterslide, and then additionally that a bungee cord snapped and killed someone. we definitely did the water park there a few times.

Back