ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair - you did it correctly for the buckle ACI gave you. Their buckle is not accurate to that screen cap - the screen one does not have a second "space" to pull the strap through - it's triangular with a pin.

Noooooo. Figures. Now that I've got it though both. :/

This is the best I could get the hair without cutting it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430540600.969760.jpg

Question...

Have you guys ever bought a figure or something from Legends Toys and Hobbies?

I ordered Aragorn from them, I need to know if they are reliable or not?

Question...

Have you guys ever bought a figure or something from Legends Toys and Hobbies?

I ordered Aragorn from them, I need to know if they are reliable or not?

I have ordered from them on a few occasions and have bought merchandise in person from them multiple years at SDCC.

I too pre-ordered the special edition Aragorn from them as I wanted to support local business (they are about a 45 minute drive from my house) so ordered with them instead of BBTS, my usual.

I have spoken to them numerous times about this order as I saw they had removed the product pages from their site altogether when everyone else was starting to get theirs here on the forum. At first they said that it was delayed due to the port/dock workers strike but when I spoke last to them this is what they said:

"We actually just received word from our distributor that there was a shortage of the special edition Aragorn, so they are waiting for their overseas location to get more of them shipped out. They have told us that figure should be arriving around May, so we should have it by June hopefully. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you'd rather not wait, we can of course cancel your order. Otherwise, we will update you with more info as soon as we hear more. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask."

At this point I am wondering whether I am actually going to get my Aragorn or not. I really, really hope this works out but with so few of them produced world wide I a not sure whether it will be fulfilled.

So from past history, Legends is a great store, good products, super fast shipping, really nice people. That being said, I hope this one works out.

I have ordered from them on a few occasions and have bought merchandise in person from them multiple years at SDCC.

I too pre-ordered the special edition Aragorn from them as I wanted to support local business (they are about a 45 minute drive from my house) so ordered with them instead of BBTS, my usual.

I have spoken to them numerous times about this order as I saw they had removed the product pages from their site altogether when everyone else was starting to get theirs here on the forum. At first they said that it was delayed due to the port/dock workers strike but when I spoke last to them this is what they said:

"We actually just received word from our distributor that there was a shortage of the special edition Aragorn, so they are waiting for their overseas location to get more of them shipped out. They have told us that figure should be arriving around May, so we should have it by June hopefully. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you'd rather not wait, we can of course cancel your order. Otherwise, we will update you with more info as soon as we hear more. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask."

At this point I am wondering whether I am actually going to get my Aragorn or not. I really, really hope this works out but with so few of them produced world wide I a not sure whether it will be fulfilled.

So from past history, Legends is a great store, good products, super fast shipping, really nice people. That being said, I hope this one works out.

Thx for your answer,
Yea I did ordered mine from them. And they told me exactly the same.
Fingers crossed.

Slightly reposed Aragorn and took some new shots. I have such a love keep forever/the hair and forehead suck sell it now relationship with this figure.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431424739.422247.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431424751.173061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431424810.503495.jpg

Surly I think you just need to bring the hair on the top half of the head tighter using rubber bands/gel/wax and it would make you much happier.

On that note, I received mine last week but only set him up last night. He's really a brilliant figure overall. The outfit tailoring, weathering, and accessories is as good if not better than what I was expecting and is the reason I bought this figure to begin with. It's definitely not a letdown, it's made so well. On top of that, the headsculpt is much more amazing in hand than even pics show (that's usually how it goes) and I really like how the body and outfit work so well together. I don't know why anyone would want to swap it out as it poses, while limited, rather easily and beautifully. I haven't had a chance to get some hair product for the hair yet, but what I've found is that the cloak hood actually really helps taming the back of the hair and pulls it into the body more than when the cloak is off. Out of the box, mine wasn't too bad and had some type of product in it which helped, but I still feel it's too long so I plan on trimming some off the bottom.

I normally won't post pics until I'm fully finished futzing a piece, but I'll put some up today as I'm going away for a couple weeks and won't be futzing the hair anytime soon.

Back