ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was able to track one of these guys down! Had a lot of fun messing with his hair and repainting the brows and beard, ill throw some photos of mine up tomorrow. Great job with the mods everyone!

I'm not a fan of that body... and kind of a waste to have a muscular body on a figure that is completely covered. So you loose articulation, but don't get any of the aesthetic value.

I'm not a fan of that body... and kind of a waste to have a muscular body on a figure that is completely covered. So you loose articulation, but don't get any of the aesthetic value.

However, the clothing is tailored with that body in mind, so swapping a different body won't get as good of a fit on the clothing, especially the upper body stuff. Pants on the other hand are baggy, so make not much difference. Its not an ideal body, especially on articulation. But the clothing sits very well on it as is (fitment, neck height, shoulder, how the layered clothing wrapped the arms very nicely...etc.), so its a trade off.

I tried the head and clothes on a standard True Type and he is tiny - everything is way too big. He suits the ACI body very well.

heres my first go round on the hair mod. waiting on some parts to add some curls, but here it is for now. pretty much based off of everyone else's techniques here, plus i repainted the beard and eyebrows

MJ1_0498.jpg
MJ1_0500.jpg

FWIW, Aragorn and the Ringwraith are scheduled to arrive in the States by the end of March. I was told mid to late March, which is pretty much now-ish, sooooooo. . . soon.

Well done Chilipep !
Had also to agree with someone stating that this body offers very natural poses.
:)

Hoooooooo leeeeeee crap balls. This figure is incredible!

Big thank you to ajkhunter for selling me his special edition for a reasonable price. So glad I got one of these!!!

This could easily be the best 1/6 I've seen. Definitely the best I own. Right up there with Avengers Loki.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426276483.165781.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426276496.483503.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426276506.822336.jpg

heres my first go round on the hair mod. waiting on some parts to add some curls, but here it is for now. pretty much based off of everyone else's techniques here, plus i repainted the beard and eyebrows.
Nice! Glad you were able to secure one, Chili. I saved a link to BBTS's Aragorn order page and have checked it probably 10x a day between my home computer and phone when I'm at work or out and about and no-one is cancelling (not actually looking to pick-up one up but was just checking out of curiosity). :lol Most figures would've popped-up a few times by now but not this guy. Since I got into collecting about 3 years ago, I don't think I've seen such a frenzy for any mass produced figure like has happened here. Anyway, congrats and nice pics.

Back