ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some ebay sellers selling them at $270 & $290 shipped. I think some other online retailers with good reputation selling much lower price. Just one crazy ebayer selling at $300

Looks like they are raising prices then. Could've sworn I saw $250,- earlier this week.

edit: Seller was 1toys1 from HK. Aragorn is sold out, he still has 2 Nazgûl for $245,-.

seems you budget has been renewing from $300 to $250.
But for me, it doesn't matter it's $250 or $280 as it's already big money for me above $100! If I could pay an affordable $ for a "good figure", I am willing to do so! However, I won't just to save 20 to 40% of the total for a inferior figure which is of low quality and have no fun to play with. It's just a waste of $ and time for me! If the figure is not good, for example a gift, I prefer to send it out to someone else who want instead of occupying a space from my collection! For me , they are collectibles, not a toy! I won't spend even a small sum for a "toy" , but I am willing to pay good $ for good collectibles!
Certainly, I understand everyone has his own standard ,and judgement towards 1/6 figures. But if there's something not my cup of tea, I would just leave it ! And I won't spend much time to criticize some products whereas many other collectors have good valuation and expectation on them.

With this fantastic (!) hair I don't agree to pay more than $250 too.

For a Lord of the Rings figure of arguably one of the best characters, the price doesn't bother me.

This is a grail figure that I am so excited to receive. I haven't looked forward to figure this much for years. It's rekindled a sense of excitement I've not felt for a long time in this hobby.

I only have figures now from films and of characters that I love (I have Batman, Joker, Jack Sparrow and soon - Aragorn).

With Iron Man this and Avengers that being the only thing we seem to see and hear about anymore, a literary character from one of the world's most loved book and film series is a breath of much needed fresh air.

I will happily admit that the sculpt is not perfect but it certainty represents the character and is clearly recognisable.

The clothing looks incredible as do the weapons (shame about Anduril's inscription).

It's awful to learn that ACI have lost the rights to LOTR because just imagine a 1/6 Sauron.

yes, arguing on price is something that seems eternal, yet same people usually happy to fork out hundreds on the latest Iron Man.

Looking at the above pic, I'm seeing where the likeness is slightly off, but as with Jokes and Bats, I've been waiting a long time for this, and not been as excited for a licenced figure since SST originally announced the line, and then left bitterly disappointed. The clothing and weapons do look amazing, and I too am gutted ACI no longer hold the license. I would have loved to have seen their Legolas and others. Will wait to see what Asmus does, and hope its not a long waiting game for the fellowship

Yes, many of my friends just like me , haven't have such a feeling of excitement for a long time longing to get 1 figure like this one- Aragorn! This figure is just worth to wait for! I am still very glad there's one in the market and I can collect one myself! I heard that ACI spent much effort to convince Warners for making Anduril which is not supposed to be with Strider Aragorn they are releasing. It's so pity that ACI missed the Anduril's inscription! :impatient:

For a Lord of the Rings figure of arguably one of the best characters, the price doesn't bother me.

This is a grail figure that I am so excited to receive. I haven't looked forward to figure this much for years. It's rekindled a sense of excitement I've not felt for a long time in this hobby.

I only have figures now from films and of characters that I love (I have Batman, Joker, Jack Sparrow and soon - Aragorn).

With Iron Man this and Avengers that being the only thing we seem to see and hear about anymore, a literary character from one of the world's most loved book and film series is a breath of much needed fresh air.

I will happily admit that the sculpt is not perfect but it certainty represents the character and is clearly recognisable.

The clothing looks incredible as do the weapons (shame about Anduril's inscription).

It's awful to learn that ACI have lost the rights to LOTR because just imagine a 1/6 Sauron.

seems you budget has been renewing from $300 to $250.
But for me, it doesn't matter it's $250 or $280 as it's already big money for me above $100! If I could pay an affordable $ for a "good figure", I am willing to do so! However, I won't just to save 20 to 40% of the total for a inferior figure which is of low quality and have no fun to play with. It's just a waste of $ and time for me! If the figure is not good, for example a gift, I prefer to send it out to someone else who want instead of occupying a space from my collection! For me , they are collectibles, not a toy! I won't spend even a small sum for a "toy" , but I am willing to pay good $ for good collectibles!
Certainly, I understand everyone has his own standard ,and judgement towards 1/6 figures. But if there's something not my cup of tea, I would just leave it ! And I won't spend much time to criticize some products whereas many other collectors have good valuation and expectation on them.

I just want to say that this figure does not deserve its price. Maybe for a decent price (approx. $100) it can be bought and may be customized. But now it's just a barbie to me. Sorry for fans.

I just want to say that this figure does not deserve its price. Maybe for a decent price (approx. $100) it can be bought and may be customized. But now it's just a barbie to me. Sorry for fans.

Just a barbie? That ps a bit harsh don't you think?

I think with the hair futzed it looks great. It clearly suffers from bad photography in many cases. I think this should have been a $180 - $250 figure. The high price point is rough, but the quality is there.

Exactly! If this Aragorn is Barbie, it will be a "Top grade" one, LOL ! Few other brands making 1/6 are giving us "real barbie" quality no matter their price good or not! They are toys! Sorry to say that!
I think the fact cannot be changed ! This Aragorn probably one of the best figure recently/this year. (this is not by me, but many media already showing the facts).

Just a barbie? That ps a bit harsh don't you think?

I think with the hair futzed it looks great. It clearly suffers from bad photography in many cases. I think this should have been a $180 - $250 figure. The high price point is rough, but the quality is there.

I don't know where some of you are seeing these prices, but I POd this from iyyiyy's homepage for $257 including shipping. Well worth it at that price IMHO. This and Star Ace Steve McQueen are my most anticipated figures of the year.

I managed to pre order the last Aragorn on Animarket for $209.99 plus shipping, it sold our after I placed my order. Before that, I sent them an mail asking if they were going to have more (it was sold out at the time) and the replied saying that they would have 1 or 2 more, so I kept refreshing the Aragorn's page until I saw that it was a available again. I was really lucky. The best part is that we are talking about the exclusive edition :D

Now I have to wait until they release the figure.

No figure is ever 100% perfect out of the box, well hardly, and there are always mods to be done that can improve the figure. I don't think I've actually ever gotten a figure perfect where I just took him out and put him on display without having to do something to make it look better.

where's the best place to grab the special edition from right now? Have a backup preorder at BBTS but wasn't sure where else ACI was having the special edition for preorder at

It's funny the hate "doll hair" gets from some people. You can argue about aesthetics and how messy it looks out of the box but that can be fixed with some scissors and grease. My favourite is when they say it makes the figure "look like a doll"; because before you were fine with buying a 12 inch tall figure with soft goods clothing but the moment rooted hair comes into the equation *now* it's a lame, girly doll. It's just so arbitrary to me.

Went ahead and ordered the exclusive from BBTS since Asmus still hasn't shown their Aragorn (watch they put it up today or right after mine ships). It looks like it will be a great piece.

Since ACI no longer has the LotR license, maybe they can go after 300. It would be a perfect license for them. I wouldn't mind another Leonidas as long as it's differentiated from the HT version, and I'd really like to see them do a 1:4 Artemisia (time to start doing some females), Thermistokles and Xerxes.

It's funny the hate "doll hair" gets from some people. You can argue about aesthetics and how messy it looks out of the box but that can be fixed with some scissors and grease. My favourite is when they say it makes the figure "look like a doll"; because before you were fine with buying a 12 inch tall figure with soft goods clothing but the moment rooted hair comes into the equation *now* it's a lame, girly doll. It's just so arbitrary to me.

I agree. Rooted hair, sculpted hair, they're all the same thing in the end. In the end it just comes down to execution and how realistic a figure looks and whether using rooted hair or sculpted hair is, as you said arbitrary.

I love the choice of rooted hair personally. I think they did a nice job on that and with a little trimming and styling this can look top notch. Bravo ACI! :clap

I told that already but I think I must tell it again.

Someone may love rooted hair. No problem, tastes differ. But there's a FACT. Rooted hair destroy the integrity of the figure.

Why? Because the figure's scale is 1/6 or 1/4 but the rooted hair's scale is NOT. Bigger but not same scale.

Maybe on female figures without facial hair, rooted hair may look like a little bit normal. But on male figures rooted hair kills the figure's integrity. It looks like a male which have a slack and thick wired wig.

As I said before, tastes differ. But even you're a professional figure baber, you cannot improve this maladjustment.

It's not a hate for rooted hair. It's a rejection to pay for a mismatched figure.

Went ahead and ordered the exclusive from BBTS since Asmus still hasn't shown their Aragorn (watch they put it up today or right after mine ships). It looks like it will be a great piece.

Had trouble deciding which way to go in the prototype stage for Aragorn myself. But that was months ago, when Asmus was still 'on track' for other main LotR figures. Since then I feel they are working on too many figures at once. Also, I am not convinced by their human portraits yet. Producing an excellent Aragorn is a must IMO, it will make or break the line.

I need inhand proof of quality before I commit to Asmus, better bodies/joints and good sculpts. If not, I will stick to a single LotR figure and leave it at that (and Aci Aragorn fits that role perfectly).

ACI Aragorn is very promising to use wig hair, it could be very "human" if appropriate shooting skill being used! I don't see any "mismatched" problem. If we need plastic sculpted hair to being "good integrity" , I rather give up "integrity" to have a more human one. And if sculpted hair to make good integrity, guess we have to play with statue instead of action figure! (all kind of material can be sculpted to achieve "integrity") I am sorry I can't agree with someone saying the above of "integrity" and "mismatched figure" !
Why to keep blaming a very good figure many people having same feeling and appraise? If you don't think it's good, just leave it and don't bother to buy them or even read the discussions!
This is a hobby! Why trying to persuade others to believe one product is good or bad?! The fact are speaking! And we here to share some joyful experience with our loved figures! Am I right?!
Just my 2 cents!

Back