ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they either are getting multiple shipments from the supplier, or they are slow rolling their processing. I imagine they sold a ton of these.

Unfortunately, I think this scenario is very unlikely.

As for selling "a ton", this figure was not a hot seller on pre-order. It was very expensive, and people did not like the headsculpt or rooted hair. Look back at the start of this thread, people were asking for better pics, and/or waiting for Asmus' version. It wasn't until JingoBell's pics that the mood really changed. At that point, the figure had already been pre-sold out for months. Orders for this figure closed in September. We didn't know until recently that ACI was under licensing constraints and made a very small amount, I think 800 was the number tossed out there, which is a very small amount for a licensed figure.

Normally, for retailers, you can order things even after it arrives stateside. It's rare that things truly pre-sell out, but in this case, it happened, and I think BBTS was caught with their pants down.

People that ordered this figure after in-hand pics surfaced. . . if you haven't gotten your pre-order yet, I think you're SOL.

So what happened with the Exclusive pre-orders at BBTS? I am one of those lucky people who have it on preorder. Did BBTS go beyond their quota, or are they not getting the amount of figures they asked for?

Don't know exactly what happened, but some have gone out. I was late on ordering...January or February I think, and mine has shipped. Don't know what their basis was on who's went out first.

I don't think the orders got cancelled. I think they either are getting multiple shipments from the supplier, or they are slow rolling their processing. I imagine they sold a ton of these.

There aren't a ton of these, the exclusive is only 100 pieces. I'd guess they didn't get the full amount ordered yet due to the docks. I can't imagine though that they won't get the full amount ordered.

Mine is still "pre-order" status. I'm not worried yet.

image.jpg

If it doesn't get honored, I guess I just won't get an Aragorn.

Kinda regret not getting this. Seems like you have to pay $400+ now to get it.

Mine is still "pre-order" status. I'm not worried yet.

View attachment 175890

My POL looks almost exactly the same as yours minus the extra ONE:12th fig!

It's far too early to start panicking. The docks are still releasing stuff and it's coming in batches. Hell, just this week and last I got Hoth Luke, Hoth Han, HT Stormies, Cap & Rogers and the bomb squad trooper. And that's following up Star-Lord, Falcon, Superman and Igor to name a few.

This 1st Qtr has been brutal! Glad my brother and I collect together.

Yeah the stuff coming from the docks is SLOW and is months behind. I PO'd Aragorn from BBTS the DAY it went up and got mine already so mine was one of the early orders to get fulfilled. They wouldn't have exceeded their order quota so even if somebody had cancelled theirs and it was available again you that will get fulfilled. Rest assured you will be getting one of the finest 1:6 figures ever made!

Yeah the stuff coming from the docks is SLOW and is months behind. I PO'd Aragorn from BBTS the DAY it went up and got mine already so mine was one of the early orders to get fulfilled. They wouldn't have exceeded their order quota so even if somebody had cancelled theirs and it was available again you that will get fulfilled. Rest assured you will be getting one of the finest 1:6 figures ever made!

Whats what I was saying earlier. I think they still have supplies rolling in. Is it not panic time yet! Mine arrives at work and I am out today so I have to wait it out one more day!

I was really surprised by how thin the coat is. I remember the SSC version being very thick/stiff. The ACI version is super thin.

I do dislike the boots though. I've always had a strong dislike for molded boots. If I can't find the DID version, I'll probably just have to heat them up and bend them forward a bit. Or I might end up modifying some Jack Sparrow boots, or Newline Pirate boots. . . something made out of fabric. Aragorn needs an action pose, and he can't do that if his ankles are locked at 90 degrees.

The sculpt is great. They eyes are painted in an extreme position though. I see what they were going for, for but it's too extreme for most poses.

Also, for the costuming experts, I noticed the bow string is wrapped around the bow. Should it stay that way or should it be unwrapped?

I have the DiD figures and the boots are far, far inferior to the molded boots on the ACI.

I have the DiD figures and the boots are far, far inferior to the molded boots on the ACI.

For those who want him, they have him here for $45

He looks pretty rough. They have Frodo too.

haha, oh. . . .

I didn't even remember what the DID Aragorn looked like. I just kind of assumed they were at least the right color.

Actually the DID Aragorn has some nice pieces that can compete with today's quality (although the body and head are crap)

The boots are real leather and look really nice when repainted (Even better when you extend them a little)

The pants are better then sideshow or ACI in my opinion

He has the red shirt + a chainmail that looks really good with a little repaint

His sword is metal - can be used for other figures

The vest is real leather (very thin) - the material is far better then ACI - however the color is not accurate and some seams are missing

A great buy for US $ 44 in my opinion

Received my Aragorn from BBTS. Hair seems to have some product in it and isn't too bad fresh out the box. Needs some futzing for sure though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427833087.505732.jpg

Received my Aragorn from BBTS. Hair seems to have some product in it and isn't too bad fresh out the box. Needs some futzing for sure though.

View attachment 176406

This is mine straight out of the box. Also feels stiff, like it was treated somehow. But I'm pleased enough that I don't feel the need to add anything to it. I worry what the long-term effects of wax or hair spray would be.

Arag1_zps2vnyl4f8.jpg

Back