ACi have LOTR licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems that the forehead on Aragorn is a problem for everyone, but I love the rooted hair. Long plastic hair just looks like clay slapped on the head.

As for why they play coy - they can't show clear pics until they're approved - I'm glad they're giving us sneak peeks.

Rooted hair generally looks awful in production. HT hasn't gotten it right yet IMO. The forehead on this needs to be lowered a bit IMO. Sculpt wise it loos more like a generic guy than Viggo. The outfit does look good. Sorry guys not trying to rain on anyways happiness. If someone does something based on Middle-earth I just want it to be done at a high level.

I'm not convinced either.

Seems that the forehead on Aragorn is a problem for everyone, but I love the rooted hair. Long plastic hair just looks like clay slapped on the head.

As for why they play coy - they can't show clear pics until they're approved - I'm glad they're giving us sneak peeks.

I wasn't aware of that, this practice makes sense then.

I'm looking forward to adding that Aragorn to my collection. I think messing with that hair and making it look more weathered and realistic will be a fun "challenge". With molded hair, you just can't really do anything with it, it's just there, the rooted or 'real' hair you can at least mess with it, it gives you more options. I get that some people just want to take it out of the box and put it on the shelf, but I like to mess with things a bit.

I honestly thought that this one looks better than what Asmus has presented so far. The hair looks fine, but I'll wait for more pictures.
What bothers me with this : the hands, they look too "barbie-dollish"

So far this is looking pretty promising. I would like to keep the lord of the rings collection I've started asmus, but if aci Aragorn looks that much better than I'll have to go with them. However, we haven't seen what asmus will come back with after the initial sculpt.

So far this is looking pretty promising. I would like to keep the lord of the rings collection I've started asmus, but if aci Aragorn looks that much better than I'll have to go with them. However, we haven't seen what asmus will come back with after the initial sculpt.

I got Asmus Witchking and Gothmog, they are so, so regarding their quality and details. Most parts are made of cold cast which are fragile and it's too heavy that the figure even can't hold their weapons up! However, they are with good price! So, I will get few pieces for my army of Orc and monsters.
For human and all main characters, I'll have to go with ACI too because of their quality!

Since no one has a LOTR ACI figure yet, not sure how you can guarantee their quality... but it's likely it will go that direction in the end.

I have about 20 pcs of ACI and the quality are at top level. And I have 2 Asmus , the quality and details are really not upto ACIs standard.

Since no one has a LOTR ACI figure yet, not sure how you can guarantee their quality... but it's likely it will go that direction in the end.

Ringwraith wouldn't be giving much either (especially with no HS), except for the details on the diecast armor & the sewing of the ragged cloak.
I hope ACI won't disappoint me the way Asmus did.

I would never have guessed that was the same head as the one Greg sculpted... I can see the foroughed brow... but it just looks so off. Better than Asmus, at least he looks human, but I don't see Viggo in it. But the digital sculpt looks spot-on, so I'm guessing it's just lighting or some other factor thowing it off.

The rest of the figure looks badass though, very excited to see how this one turns out.

Last edited:
I would never have guessed that was the same head as the one Greg sculpted... I can see the foroughed brow... but it just looks so of. Better than ASMUS, at least he looks human, but I don't see Viggo in it. But the digital sculpt looks spot-on, so I'm guessing it's just lighting or some other factor thowing it off.

The rest of the figure looks badass though, very excited to see how this one turns out.

Fixed for you. :duff

Ringwraith wouldn't be giving much either (especially with no HS), except for the details on the diecast armor & the sewing of the ragged cloak.
I hope ACI won't disappoint me the way Asmus did.

The Witch king helmet and hammer, Gothmog's weapon were all broken when dropped on the floor where the weak hands could not hold them . What kind of material they are using!?

The Witch king helmet and hammer, Gothmog's weapon were all broken when dropped on the floor where the weak hands could not hold them . What kind of material they are using!?

Witch-king's helmet is metal -- it will bend, maybe snap with serious force but it will not shatter. He has no hammer but if you mean the mace, not sure how you would break that unless you were really trying. Sounds like you were. Same goes for Gothmog's club -- I've dropped it several times on hardwood floors and its fine.

But keep trying, ACI insider. :)

Back