Absolutely devastated.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Ash Premium format was out of it's case for cleaning and my husband accidentally knocked it off the coffee table and broke the arms. I am just devastated as I know it will be impossible to replace. Might try some super glue but there are chips missing.:monkey2

He felt really really bad so I can't punch him. If I had 1200.00 I would buy another one on ebay.

:horror

There should be somebody here who can repair it.

Would recommend using 2K putty actually made for car body work and metal enforcement inside to connect the broken parts. It worked really well on a resin Taz figure I repaired some years ago that had a broken arm. Contours could be sanded down to an invisible degree. Most tricky thing is to match the colors afterwards, there are people here who can do that better than me. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I can't afford to get a new one or get one repaired. Very sad day.

You should save up and ship it to Rafael Robledo Jr to fix at a later time. He can make it look brand new again and upgrade the paint apps too. The guy is an amazing artist and improves everything he touches. Send him a message for a quote and get on that waitlist :wink1:

This thread is sad. I've broken one of my wife's special things before... it's horrible.

Time for a divorce.

Take him for half of everything he owns, then buy a new Ash statue and find a new man.

Time for a divorce.

Take him for half of everything he owns, then buy a new Ash statue and find a new man.

:rotfl sorry I know it's not funny but the above post is so funny. I do agree when a statue gets a accident its orbit the worst feelings for a collector.

Yep. That's why I keep all my statues behind glass. The ones that aren't are high out of reach and only I may dust and clean around them. I trust no one.

I'm sorry that happened to you, I know how heartbreaking it is. :( My ex broke part of my Green Poison Ivy PF a long time ago and it still upsets me to think about it.

My girlfriend's cat broke my Sideshow Michelangelo EX a number of years ago. I glued it back together as best I could, and at a casual glance you can't notice. Fortunately, this was when you could still find replacements for near cost, so I was able to grab a spare.

Two things I'd say:

1) I agree with the general consensus that saving for a repair is a good idea. Maybe you can't do it right away, but in time you can, and then you can restore the centerpiece to your collection.

2) Stuff happens. Try not to let it affect you too much, or your relationship. In the end, if you're safe and warm and loved, that's what matters most.

Back