Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I've decided it's time to attempt improving Aayla.
I'm going to keep the sideshow outfit, accessories and headsculpt.

what needs to go is her body. it's floppy as indy, and just doesn't fit.

i've ordered a Triad toys Eva, as they are currently on sale for 27.99 from triad, and i'll be attempting to dye the plastic to match the sideshow headsculpt.

I've looked into results people have had with dying bodies. an example of a sucsess story.

3491504d81144cd50ce29117262bc094104f7fd.jpg

wish me luck, updates as i have them.

Interesting. The female Buck is all wrong for Aayla anyway. Now all you need to do is shrink the sculpt and she'll be gold.

heh, that's an Otaku body. not enough articulation for me.

using the Eva body.

pic for reference

img0256f.jpg

will be using the larger bust size however. not as huge as the otaku, but bigger than the ones in this pic.

ok, so... good news, bad news. good news
The body with medium bust size fits the outfit like it was made for it.
it's fairly tight fitting, and for some reason, the head dosn't look as large on this body as it did on the sideshow. I believe it has to do with how wide the body is.

Bad news, The stock neck adapter from Triad is not compatable with the head. I can make it sit on the neck, but it's not long enough for a good connection.

IF the body takes the dye as well as i hope it will, I'll try to find some way to transplant the sideshow neck adapter to that body.
I'll see about putting some pictures up tonight. Dying will take place this weekend.

Cool cant wait to see how this works. I will be looking at the same type of prosess for Ahsoka on dying the obitsu body. I hope it works for you.

I'd like to point out, SOME plastics take dye, some do not.

Triad claims to use Resin instead of traditional plastics, and resin, being porous takes dye very VERY well and uniformly (like the pic in my initial post)

A good way to tell if your figure body CAN be dyed is if it is one that will get stained by black clothing.

Harder plastics that don't stain eaisly will lead to dye jobs that look like this.

5f115440851348d68ac05518ebe7380a83363d7.jpg

I don't know about obitsu bodies, as I've never owned one.

do, my advice is to look for reviews about bodies that DO stain easily, and use one of those.

Triad bodies stain easily - I only have one but it pulled pigment out of a black suit - in fact I can't get the colour out and am thinking of using it to rebody my Shaak ti

Just Bourguiba of the new seamless rubber bodies- will have a look at it tomorrowand update

Triad bodies stain easily - I only have one but it pulled pigment out of a black suit - in fact I can't get the colour out and am thinking of using it to rebody my Shaak ti

Just Bourguiba of the new seamless rubber bodies- will have a look at it tomorrowand update

Depends on the body. I know the Otaku does stain easily (same one used in the first post) but I have not heard of staining issues thus far with the EVA. Then again, I haven't kept up with threads on it that much since I wasn't overly impressed with the final product.

nah. I handle and pose my 1/6th stuff too much. the paint would just rub off.

I let her soak in the dye all night. it did not work. It added some coloration to the joints, and some along the seams of the body, but the body itself wouldn't take the color.

Good news, It's highly unlikely that this body would ever stain.

Bad news. It's not dye-able.

meh. I'll just use it to replace the body on my medicom stormtrooper.

Back